[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you point out some flaws in his theory? Specifically, in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 2

File: _92274782_jordanpeterson-still.jpg (50KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
_92274782_jordanpeterson-still.jpg
50KB, 1024x576px
Can you point out some flaws in his theory? Specifically, in ways he brought mythology and religion back.

It's all about two kinds of truth and knowledge dealing with the realm of objective things (science) and the realm of meaning and values (myth).

This is a spin off of ancient mythos vs logos story, but he did a really good job in sparking the debate again.

What are your thoughts? Are there really two kinds of truth? If there are, can we conclude all of the stuff Peterson concluded?
>>
I am of the opinion that Peterson's thought from what I know of it is that which I take to be Jungian in character,
and makes a great deal of presuppositions about metaphysics and dabbles too much in the anthropomorphism.
Bluntly, I do not think that mythology and religion as informing of meaning and value are adequate epistemological categories or at least are arrived at hastily and further, I do not think that we can say that they factor greatly into ordinary experience.

I also think that logos in this sense is a less developed version of the Hegelian notion of Spirit, and this outlines what I take to be a major issue with Peterson,
which is that he has an implicit dualism of phenomenal and noumenal types of knowledge.
That is, the distinction between only observable and only intelligible forms of knowledge, without a theory regarding interaction between the two.

If people are interested in what Peterson is saying, I think they would be better served by examining the German Idealists, or maybe even Alasdair MacIntyre if they think there is something to what Peterson says about morality.
>>
File: 20170816_003446.jpg (404KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170816_003446.jpg
404KB, 2896x2896px
Here's a flaw
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.