[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post what they taught in history class pre-college. >America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1393830486771.jpg (205KB, 1260x1498px) Image search: [Google]
1393830486771.jpg
205KB, 1260x1498px
Post what they taught in history class pre-college.

>America did not lose the Vietnam war, it was just a tactical retreat
>One US president persecuted a bunch of artists for being communists during the cold war and that was bad
>The cold war was really the fault of US's anti-communist paranoia
>America won WW2 and the English/Russians helped out a little
>The germans would have killed more then 6 million jews if the US did not save them all
>France surrendered LUL!
>WW1 happened, and it was the germans fault
>The civil war was fought because of slavery
>The war for independence was fought because rich slave owners did not want to pay taxes
>The english march wear dumb bright red and march in dumb lines so they get shot easier.
>The roman empire happened at one point
>Alexander the great was a great guy
>>
>Dropping two atomic bombs on Japan was unnecessary
>No Aboriginal Australians ever attempted cultivating crops
>Indo Europeans totally weren't a traceable genetic group
>>
>>3252023
>it was just a tactical retreat
*tactical relocation
>>3252066
>no aboriginal australians.....
Is this for American teachings? Because we never learned shit about australia
>>
I was pretty lucky in that for Year 11 and 12 (I'm American, but I'm putting it in British terms for convenience), I had a good teacher who had a Master's Degree in history, so he was pretty knowledgeable. It's pretty funny looking back on the regular class I had with him before I took his AP US history class, because he would often say things which I later realized were casually dropping hints that some of the state standards for US history were either not true or only partially true. However, before then, I had some teachers who were less knowledgeable for history courses, and I will post some of my grievances with both their classes, as well as some of the state standards that were taught in the good teacher's class that were later rebuked in his other class:

>Nothing important happened between the fall of the Western Roman Empire and the Italian Renaissance, general Christian Dark Ages myth; only briefly mentioned feudalism in passing, not even the Crusades were mentioned
>The US intervened in WWI because of the sinking of the Lusitania
>The Biblical Exodus was literally true, up to and including potential routes the Israelites could have taken while stranded in the desert for 40 years
>year 6 world history teacher wouldn't teach the unit on the world's religions because it included Hinduism and the Hindus are dumb because they don't eat cows
>The Wehrmacht was a better disciplined, better trained army than the US Army during the Allied invasion of France; the evidence the book presented for this was a picture showing German troops formed in neat columns while the Americans were standing at ease
>Kennedy was a good president and was physically healthy
>Huey Long could have become America's Hitler
>a one paragraph summary of the Eastern Front of World War II that mentioned there was a big battle near Stalingrad
>The British Empire was a superpower in 1776
>Jews were the only victims of Nazi repression; there was literally no mention of non-Jewish victims(cont)
>>
>>3252066
>implying Indo-Europeans even get mentioned pre-college
>>
File: 1496958452612.png (208KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1496958452612.png
208KB, 500x449px
>the british invented the concentration camp
>>
>>3252209
>because one of the history teachers at the middle school (years 5 through 8) was the wife of a prominent baptist minister in town, we were told that women should never be in authority over men and that eating your steak anything but well-done was sinful (not actually in the curriculum, but something the teacher actually said)
>same teacher also said "Buddha was some fat guy that Vietnamese people worship"
>also told us the Pope was the antiChrist
In case you haven't figured it out yet, I went to school in the Bible belt, where the Southern Baptist Convention reigns supreme. This same teacher also taught us, in place of the chapter on the Neolithic, that the Six Day Creation story was literally true, and also taught us about Noah's Ark. To be clear, I don't hate this because it was religious (I myself am religious), I hate it because this teacher was using her class to promote her own religious views.
>America won the War of 1812 thanks to Andrew Jackson
>Stalin killed 60 million people in gas chambers (Stalin killed a lot of people, but nowhere near 60 million, and I don't know of any use of gas chambers)
>Shakespeare's play 'Julius Caesar' is a fully accurate retelling of the events surrounding Caesar's assassination, including "et tu brute" and "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me your ears" speech

That's all I can remember for now.
>>
>>3252133
Spent some years in Australia as a kid. Aussie history goes like this:

>James Cook finds Aussieland and says "fuckin mint, calling this cunt Botany Bay cause my mate loves flowera. Gold rush YEEEAH EUREKA STOCKADE CUNT! And Gallipoli.

>Oh fuck wait, where'd all those brown people fit in?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.