[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nick Land (my first mistake) convinces me to take Marx seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: F8hIAON.png (475KB, 680x474px) Image search: [Google]
F8hIAON.png
475KB, 680x474px
>Nick Land (my first mistake) convinces me to take Marx seriously
>open this shit
>Chapter 1: Commodities
>A commodity is something that satisfies a human want
>So far, so good
>The kind of want makes no difference
>okay?
>Neither are we concerned with how the wants are satisfied
>...okay?
>Ignore the weird dismissal of value
>move on
>The utility of a thing makes it a use value
>Yes!
>read on
>A simple geometrical illustration will make this clear. In order to calculate and compare the areas of rectilinear figures, we decompose them into triangles. But the area of the triangle itself is expressed by something totally different from its visible figure, namely, by half the product of the base multiplied by the altitude. In the same way the exchange values of commodities must be capable of being expressed in terms of something common to them all, of which thing they represent a greater or less quantity.
>well, that's a weird way to justify abstraction
>But the exchange of commodities is evidently an act characterised by a total abstraction from use value
>evidently
>If then we leave out of consideration the use value of commodities...
> because of triangles, got it
>...they have only one common property left, that of being products of labour
>...or that they're valuable
>there is nothing left but what is common to them all; all are reduced to one and the same sort of labour, human labour in the abstract
>so, labour = real value
>value = "use" value
>...you've got to be fucking kidding me

>TFW Stalin murdered 60 million people because Marx didn't understand value

Should I read on, /his/?
>>
>Skims a chapter of a book
>Thinks he understands it
Am I being b8ed?
>>
>>3250334
>the only way to know for sure that what you read isn't retarded is to read the entire retarded book
Thanks, /his/
>>
>>3250334
>>3250340
Also, I'm doing it anyway
For history
God help me
>>
>>3250340
>>the only way to know for sure that what you read isn't retarded is to read the entire retarded book
Buddy, lemme tell ya--it takes an awful lot more than 'reading' 'a' 'book' to disprove the book in question.
>>
>>3250354
>'reading' 'a' 'book'
Fuck off back to Deconstruction class you Freshman
>>
>>3250367
Why does everyone on this board think they're the next Foucault or something? You're an idiot if you think your cursory reading of a chapter of Marx means anything. Thanks for trolling me.
>>
>>3250487

It only takes the first 5 minutes of a movie to know whether or not it's shit.
>>
File: 1390981841104.jpg (1MB, 3632x2400px) Image search: [Google]
1390981841104.jpg
1MB, 3632x2400px
>reading marx
>>
Why do I even come to this website anymore?
>>
>>3250323
You now read more Marx than 99% of Marxists, good job.
>>
>>3250323
Riddle me this: If Stalin killed 60 million people as you claim, bearing in mind that 20 million Soviet citizens died in WWII, how did the population of the USSR increase during his rule? That together is 80 million peopl, which is around 80% of the Russian Federation today. The number just don't add up.
>>
>>3251258
>Reading the most influential philosopher/ economist
Pffft,
>>
>>3250533
Ehhhhhhh I can name a few that I thought would be shit but turned out pretty ok.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.