[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were rabbits seen as holy or evil animals? We know that Zoroastrians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: bugs.gif (1MB, 252x481px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.gif
1MB, 252x481px
Were rabbits seen as holy or evil animals? We know that Zoroastrians considered dogs as holy, Egyptians considered cats as holy, but what about rabbits?
>>
Why rabbits?
>>
>>3247145
I'm not sure but Sinic folklore says there is a rabbit on the moon making Mochi. Used to believe it when I was a kid.
>>
File: 1500839937322.png (153KB, 248x459px)
1500839937322.png
153KB, 248x459px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centzon_Totochtin

>In Aztec mythology, the Centzon Totochtin (Nahuatl pronunciation: [sent͡son toːˈtoːt͡ʃtin] "four-hundred rabbits"; also Centzontotochtin) are a group of divine rabbits who meet for frequent drunken parties. They include Tepoztecatl, Texcatzonatl, Colhuatzincatl, Macuiltochtli ("five-rabbit"), and Ometochtli ("two-rabbit"). Their parents are Patecatl and Mayahuel, and they may be brothers of Ixtlilton.
>>
>>3247159
rabbit is the symbol of his
>>
>>3247219
I wonder who could be behind this meme?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_hares#In_Judaism
>>
>>3247145

british commoners considered them a pest, because they were bred by the gentry and nobles as cash crops, and caused massive damage to farms.
>>
>>3247145
Well in South America cavies are meat animals like rabbits. And everyone loves guinea pigs.

I'm sure you can find lots of symbols for rabbits, fertility being one. In the end they are meat animals.
>>
File: my rabbit 9.png (443KB, 720x992px) Image search: [Google]
my rabbit 9.png
443KB, 720x992px
>>3247245
>because they were bred by the gentry and nobles as cash crops, and caused massive damage to farms
couldn't the british just tell them to be easy on carrots?
>>
>>3247145
Rabbits weren't usually considered holy animals, but they were often invoked in fertility rituals, for reasons that should be obvious. However, this of course varied across cultures and times.
>>
bugs,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
>>
File: bronzeweight.jpg (255KB, 902x960px) Image search: [Google]
bronzeweight.jpg
255KB, 902x960px
Yes
>>
>>3247145
>Zoroastrians considered dogs as holy
Why the fuck would you ever think a submissive, devoted animal to be holy?
>>
>>3247182
>and they may be brothers of Ixtlilton.
Do we just not have enough evidence to prove this? Or did the Mayans just not know?
>>
File: download (67).jpg (24KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
download (67).jpg
24KB, 186x271px
>>3247145
In pre christan europe in the Germanic and anglo saxon cultures there was a godess called Ēostre, there are various old texts and mytholgy stories that asociate her with things such as rebirth, Hares and eggs which I guess would have been concidered somewhat symbolic and realted to her, not literally worshiped though like a golden idol to an aztec tribe.
Hence the similarity with Easter and why we all pig out on choclate bunnies and chcolate eggs come that time of year.

The same can be said about the many similarites between christanity and what you would call "paganism", as when christanity was being spread across europe many were reluctant to give up their belifs so the christans had to make it more apealing by incorporating many things from the old into the new..
>the festival "easter" instead of the spring equinox.
>The egg shaped door of christs tomb
>the idea of reseruction and rebirth
>>
>>3247263
el peruANO
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.