[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>capital has been accumulating here since 3000 BC >still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: middleeast_map.jpg (27KB, 520x300px) Image search: [Google]
middleeast_map.jpg
27KB, 520x300px
>capital has been accumulating here since 3000 BC
>still poor

What went wrong?
>>
>>3246268
I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I believe the region you are referencing has gone through significant socioeconomic and political ups and downs throughout recorded human history. So when you say
>still poor
I dont know what the fuck you're talking about. Take your shit thread somewhere else.
>>
>>3246268
Bad institutions, Western imperialist interference, resource curse, and the Jews
>>
>>3246268
>What went wrong?
endless wars that still fucking exist to this day

seriously, everyone and their mother has been looting and pillaging the area to the point it's not even funny anymore and if not for oil they might aswell be Africa
>>
File: image.jpg (3KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3KB, 104x125px
>>3246268
Arab economy was destroyed after the Portuguese appropriated the Indian sea trade route.
>>
File: NORTH EAST AFRICA.jpg (168KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
NORTH EAST AFRICA.jpg
168KB, 1280x720px
>>3246268
Northeast Africa isn't poor.
>>
>>3246268
Include Iran too...
>>
>>3246268
>What went wrong?
islam
>>
>>3246829
Islam existed in 3000 B.C?
>>
>>3246268
14 centuries of inbreeding.
>>
>>3246268
They became powerless since Rome and Persia
>>
>>3246293

With the exception of China no region has actually been more unified.

>Millennia of empire in Egypt.
> Region is split between Greek/Roman control and Persian empires for centuries
> Stable Muslim empires last centuries

It's really only fairly recently it became shit. Basically Europe pulled ahead, Ottomans failed to modernize, and the Ottoman collapse really fucked shit.

China was poor and backwards as shit in the 20th century. Now it is on track to pull ahead of Russia in per capital GDP, and is the largest economy in the world.

They just need unification and a powerful ideology like communism that can banish backwards thinking.
>>
>>3246268
> What went wrong?
USA

Minus Saudi and Israel who are their allies, of course
>>
>>3246268
Are you the same person posting the "Africa resources" threads
>>
>>3246268
Isn't that region subject to endless wars?
I remember that even the Crusades were traditionally (before the 20th century) not considered that big of a deal by Muslim historians because they were just another example of foreigners getting in wars there.
>>
>>3246286
>and......
>>
>>3247579
>Communism
>Powerful
pinko pls
>>
>>3246467
And asian Turkey.
>>
File: 1500942401379.gif (1MB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500942401379.gif
1MB, 1200x1000px
>>
>>3248901
Fuck off Russian alt-right spy, Assad will die
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.