[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the British so outrageously cruel to the Irish? I had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: the-immortal-irishman-cover1.jpg (95KB, 602x784px) Image search: [Google]
the-immortal-irishman-cover1.jpg
95KB, 602x784px
Why were the British so outrageously cruel to the Irish? I had no idea that the Irish were so ruthlessly oppressed until reading this. Irish could be jailed or killed for expressing their native culture in any way, for playing traditional Irish sports, for speaking the Irish language, for playing Irish music, for telling stories of their ancestors, for displaying traditional artworks, for inter-marrying with English women, for owning any expensive horses, or even for attending the wrong churches. I thought Britain was supposed to be a land of tolerance, why would they do such a thing?
>>
>>3245574
Because the Eternal Anglo's autism couldn't stand the thought of someone doing things their own way.
>>
>>3245574
t. Seamus Schmidt
>>
It was a prank.
>>
File: 1501892381001.jpg (27KB, 323x544px) Image search: [Google]
1501892381001.jpg
27KB, 323x544px
> thought Britain was supposed to be a land of tolerance

No, the English were always evil and hate every culture except for their own Saxon abomination. Take the Highland Scots for example: a race as advanced and noble as the Woodland Native Americans, or the Pashtun and his flocks in the high mountains of Afghanistan. The unique culture of the Scot shunned all manual labor in favor of the culture of the raider and warrior as beneath a man's dignity, maintained a quasi-pagan and unique interpretation of religion long into the Christian era, and owed no allegiance to any authority beyond the clan or family. The English, jealous and distrustful of the bucolic, independent, culture of the mountaineers, eventually reduced them to poverty and transformed the highlands of Scotland into a desolate wasteland with their greed.
>>
File: Tom Barry.png (36KB, 743x443px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Barry.png
36KB, 743x443px
>>3245574
Because the Irish didn't want to be seen as British or part of the United Kingdom. This confused and pissed off the Anglos, how dare anyone not want to be like them, so they treated the Irish like they were less than human and were fucking confused as to why the Irish hatred for Britain grew even stronger after each crime against humanity.

The British aren't very smart at all. In fact they're fucking stupid.
Churchill tried to quell the IRA in the Irish war of Independence by putting convicted criminals in uniform with orders to go kill and torture impartial Irish civilians and view all Irish as "Shinners". That has to be the absolute worst way to deal with a guerilla insurgency I've ever heard of. Like, that is how to lose 101, turning the entire population to the side of the guerillas through indiscriminate cruelty. I have no idea how the British can be as absolutely stupid as they were, but they were.
>>
>>3245574

Because the English are literally the most savage and violent nation in the history of the world. Even fucking Apartheid South Africans hate the English. Fucking gun loving Americans couldn't stand them and fought a war to get rid of them. No country has been better off for having met the British. I mean for fucks sake during WW II they abandoned the French and tried to fuck over Russia by delaying the invasion of Western Europe for as long as possible because of "their possessions" in North Africa.
>>
They were intimidated by the frilly shirts of the Irish
>>
File: v suvorov.jpg (204KB, 989x1500px) Image search: [Google]
v suvorov.jpg
204KB, 989x1500px
>>3245798
>to fuck over Russia

Russia manipulated the Germans into starting WW2 as part of Stalin's long-range campaign to invade eastern and central Europe, so anything bad that happened to them was more than justified.
>>
>>3245694
Who's the Barry referenced here.
>>
>>3245574
>I thought Britain was supposed to be a land of tolerance
>Banned Welsh in Welsh schools
>Banned Gallic in Scottish schools
Where would you get a gay idea like that?
>>
>>3245798
>Because the English are literally the most savage and violent nation in the history of the world.
Excuse, Turkey would like a word!
>>
File: Tom Barry to edit.png (68KB, 675x453px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Barry to edit.png
68KB, 675x453px
>>3245821
Tom Barry, WWI vet turned IRA member.
Did so well the British initially asked him be handed over specifically as part of a treaty.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Barry_(soldier)
>>
>>3245824

While I'm not trying to argue that Turkey doesn't have a whole bunch of blood on their hands they at least were able to bring peace to the Holy Land, which literally no one else has ever been able to do.
>>
>>3245574
>Why were the British so outrageously cruel to the Irish?

because of the forged laudabiliter bull by geraldus cambrensis
>>
Have you ever met an Irishman?
>>
>>3245897
Uhh, buddy? Anatolia's not the holy land, that's down little bit.
>>
>>3246654

The Ottoman rule over Syrio-Palestine is one of the few times that place hasn't been mired in sectarian bullshit.
>>
>>3246654
He is right though the levant was peaceful under the ottomans.
>>
>>3245798
>Because the English are literally the most savage and violent nation in the history of the world.

But I though the US was number one in everything...

Guys we need to invade another Mideastern country. Maybe it will work this time at improving our image this time.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.