[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much and for how long did the NVA and Bundeswehr used Nazi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: East German Police with STG-44.jpg (56KB, 640x441px) Image search: [Google]
East German Police with STG-44.jpg
56KB, 640x441px
How much and for how long did the NVA and Bundeswehr used Nazi equipment in reserve?
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 700x603px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 700x603px
>>3245132
This question could probably be answered more quickly and accurately by /k/
>>
>>3245335
Okay I will try there
>>
File: syrian-rebel-using-stg-44.jpg (174KB, 1000x649px) Image search: [Google]
syrian-rebel-using-stg-44.jpg
174KB, 1000x649px
>>3245132
They still wind up in use to this day anon.

Syria also used German tanks up to the 50's and 60's
>The last appearance by WWII German tanks on the world’s battlefields came in 1967, when Syria’s panzer force faced off against modern Israeli armor. Quite improbably, Syria had assembled it’s collection of ex-Wehrmacht vehicles from a half-dozen sources over a decade and a half timeframe.
>>
File: file.png (264KB, 555x283px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
264KB, 555x283px
>>3246509
I know it's not really answering the OP but it's pretty cool
>>
>>3245132
Till 1945 mostly. German equipment was partially destroyed or used by other countries (i.e. panthers used by France, Yugos used MG42's and STG44's, kar98's and MP40's were used everywhere). Remember the BW and NVA were founded in 55-56, most weapons (German) from the war had been exported or were destroyed (don't want to have thousands of Panzer lying around, when you fear a guerilla war). When the Armies were reinstituted they used almost exclusivly the equipment of the occupying nation/s.
That being said, k98's are still used in ceremonies and the various pistols (Walther pp/k, P38 etc) were used until the 90s by police forces and MG42's were rechambered to fit NATO standards (MG1)

some links (posting the German versions, as they have the historical equipment listed):
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Handwaffen_der_Bundeswehr
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Kettenfahrzeugen_der_Bundeswehr
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_von_Luftfahrzeugen_der_Bundeswehr
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_der_Technik_und_Bewaffnung_der_NVA
>>
>>3246509
God that hurts my eyes just looking at it. Those guns are worth a fortune nowadays, and those "moderate" rebels are treating them like they're just another dime a dozen AK.
>>
>>3246725
Pretty sure their purpose is to be used on the battlefield, not hang on some autistic gun enthusiast's wall.
>>
>>3246757
Or in a museum. It's not very /his/ like not to give a shit about items of historical value.
>>
>>3246762
Well you're free to go to the Middle East and offer to take their guns away because they have some very moderate historical value (moderate because there's quite a few of them out there in better condition).
>>
>>3246762
There are already plenty in museums. Museums usually need just one of two copies for public display, not fucking warehouse.

Besides there's nothing unusual with WW2 weapons being used in 21st century wars.
>>
>>3246781
>one of two
*one or two
>>
>>3246628
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_P11
ITS SO CUTE!
>>
File: bgs2.jpg (160KB, 950x628px) Image search: [Google]
bgs2.jpg
160KB, 950x628px
German Border Guards (Bundesgrenzschutz) were basically Wehrmacht with FALs.
>>
>>3246757
>>3246762
The /k/ belief is that these weapons want to do what they were designed for rather than sit and be comfortable in a collection, but they still deserve respect.
Speaking of which, how come all the guns that end up in the middle east in the hands of western backed groups are German? Tons of G3s, MPis and even G36s, not to mention the MP44s. Are they just free with their end user certificates when the CIA comes knocking looking for cheap small arms?
>>
>>3246509
That's nothing, the PLO threw t-34's at Israeli merkava's during the invasion of Lebanon
It went about as you would expect.
>>
>>3247645
>The /k/ belief is that these weapons want to do what they were designed for rather than sit and be comfortable in a collection, but they still deserve respect.

this sounds like some weird interpretation of Platonic thought
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.