[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How exactly was Josip Broz Tito able to capitalize on, and maintain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How exactly was Josip Broz Tito able to capitalize on, and maintain the unity of Yugoslavia?
>>
>>3242851
Based Göring
>>
>>3242851
Through a secret police called the UDBA, that killed everyone that sympathised with the old Yugoslavian Royal Government or the Croatian Nazi Emigration.

There was no unity in Yugoslavia, Serbs hated the Croats because they betrayed the alliance, sided with the nazis and slaughtered around half a milion of Serbs in concentration camps. Croats hated the Serbs because they were treated as their vassals and Serbs considere everyone that speaks their serbian language (croatian is VERY similar to serbian, identical even) but doesn't identify as a Serb, for a kin traitor. Same shit with muslims, Muslims hated the Serbs because Serbs killed of the Ottomans in the wars for liberation, but those Ottoman Slavs that survived became the newly coined muslims (later Bosniaks or Bosnian muslims). Serbs considered them kin traitors as well because they spoke natively serbian, but considered themselves first as Ottomans/Turks, then muslim, now Bosniaks or Bosnian muslims.

When Tito died, the shit had to be settled, once and for all. However Burgers intervened with NATO, so it's still not settled.
>>
>>3243094
So apparently the whole Yugoslavian conflict is based upon Serbs considering others as traitors of kin and trying to integrate them into their own nation, eventhough they are of different religion and/or culture.
>>
>>3243094
Surprisingly accurate, yet simple.
Basically through intimidation and propaganda.
For example, my mom told me that she was never told in school that Serbs lived in Croatia, she was shocked when they went on a school trip to Plitvice.
>>
>>3243109
The culture is the same, the Bosnian muslims have an identity crisis, and it's the fault of the Serbs. But you can't really blame them for it. The Germans slaughtered each other over minor theological differences, it'd be hard to expect a relatively newly reformed country to embrace their people that have turned to the faith of their former oppressor, of THE enemy.
>>
Yugoslavia was super federalized. Croats went to college in Zagreb, Serbs went to Belgrade, muslims went to Sarajevo. Yugoslav unity is a bit of myth and the federal republics were fairly autonomous. The average yugoslav citizen didn't go 50km beyond their relatively homogeneous hometown.
>>
>>3243440
My father was a Croat he went to Belgrade, and my mother is a Slovene and she went to Sarajevo. So no, the things you claim are not true.
>>
>>3243447
So what? Your experience doesn't exactly represent the norm.
>>
>>3243469
People traveled a lot is what I want to say.
>>
>>3243447
Depends really. The university of Belgrade was really good, and a lot of people wanted to go there. The republics were super segregated by their own administrations, especially after 1974.
My mom couldn't get into the military academy in Belgrade, so she went to the military academy in Zagreb.
She went with grandpa when she enrolled, and they noticed that the church was full. Which was a strange sight for them, because in Serbia it was an extreme taboo to go to church. Even my mom was baptized by her aunt in secret (so grandpa wouldn't find out)
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.