[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there any relevant battles on the Naval front of WW2 in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

Was there any relevant battles on the Naval front of WW2 in the European Theater?
>>
>>3242485
How are you defining a "relevant" naval battle? And are you counting the MTO as part of the European theater?
>>
Yes, although there weren't decisive battles in the vein of Midway or Leyte Gulf, the clashes between the Regina Marina and the Royal Navy had a large impact on the war in Greece, North Africa and later Italy. Some of the more important battles were Matapan, Calabria and Taranto. You also saw some of the last engagements between battleships in this theater, since the Med is basically a small lake compared to the Pacific, the ranges the battles took place at weren't anywhere near as extreme.

Outside of Britain defeating Italy in the Mediterranean, the Sinking of the Bismarck was pretty important morally as well as strategically, as was the attack on Mers el Kebir,
>>
File: 4294dc624c1285b2f116868b73b8c41f.jpg (378KB, 800x1074px) Image search: [Google]
4294dc624c1285b2f116868b73b8c41f.jpg
378KB, 800x1074px
>>3242485
Prinz Eugen is the cutest Kantai.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.