[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lets say a great emperor was able to conquer and unite Africa

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 690px-Map-Africa-Regions.png (344KB, 690x717px) Image search: [Google]
690px-Map-Africa-Regions.png
344KB, 690x717px
Lets say a great emperor was able to conquer and unite Africa under one rule before the Europeans arrived. Would Africa be able to fend them off?

Please no /pol/
>>
>>3240980
Probably not since various European powers, including Ottomans, are going to attack them from all sides of Africa.
>>
>>3240980
ASB
>>
>>3240980
It might depend on if the African empire could stay unified long enough to ward off Europeans. Although even if it was, I doubt it could considering the Opium wars in which Britain defeated the rather solid Qing dynasty.
>>
File: image.jpg (489KB, 1200x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
489KB, 1200x848px
>>3240980
Probably not, most of sub Saharan africa would still be tribal they would need a lot of guns and ammunition to form a modern army and properly train the men. Most of africa at the time was unfortified so their settlements would fall apart quickly.
>>
Africa is too sparse and harsh but it could work
Europeans rely on colonial soldiers to enforce their power,if the rule could deny manpower than European colonialism would be more contained
>>
arent there many different tribes across sub-saharan africa, which could get in the way of uniting africa.
>>
Sure, because to do that in the first place he would have to basically be fucking God, and having done it would control such great resources and have such enormous strategic depth that nobody would dare to threaten him. Nobody has EVER come even remotely close to such an achievement. Hell, no state has ever united even half of the African landmass (tho French and British both gave it a good shot), it would be an utterly unprecedented undertaking in every sense to construct such an empire, let alone without European-level control of the seas or weapons technology.
>>
>>3240980
Unless this guy can somehow relieve the tensions between hundreds of African tribes. Uniting Africa would be harder than fighting the Europeans. If he does unite Africa into a single continental country, there's a good bet it industrialized normally. A lot of land, people, and resources all under one united country with an autocrat in power in that time period makes me wonder if Africa can do it in time to become a military power.
>>
You'd have to imagine the divide and conquer tactics of the great powers in destabilising the Mughal Empire would work to an even greater extent in a landmass as vast and diverse as Africa. A strong central leader is one thing, but running Africa as a unitary 'state' would be impossible.
>>
>>3241010
>Hell, no state has ever united even half of the African landmass
>what is the mongol empire
>>
>>3242666
A meme.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.