[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When are we going to get a miniseries about the Napoleonic Wars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

When are we going to get a miniseries about the Napoleonic Wars from Austria's perspective?

>Miraculously held the line against the Grande Armee at its height
>Great arc about the Imperial Army learning from its mistakes and rallying to form a fighting force that could match Napoleon in the field
>Background politics of squabbling in the Royal family that crippled the war effort, but eventually got its shit together while putting the Army High Command in its place
>Having to deal with Russians as their only ally after Prussia, (when the walls) fell and Britain abandoning the continent

Would be kino
>>
File: auuuu.png (34KB, 322x662px) Image search: [Google]
auuuu.png
34KB, 322x662px
>the absolute state of Austria
>>
>>3240444
Napoleon btfo'd everyone during the 3rd coalition (except the br*ts at sea of course)
And Austria took on Napoleon on her own and did pretty well,giving Napoleon his first real defeat
>>
>>3240491
>be austria
>be in a war with a country that had been fighting itself
>be allied with the greatest powers of Europe
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Austerlitz
>???
>"did pretty well"
>>
>>3240827
Did you read my full post
Maybe i forgot to put the fifth coalition (which was primarily Austrian) but you can infer from what i read there that Austria managed to put up a good fight alone against Napoleon at his height
>>
>>3240491
>Except the brits at sea

How did this happen? Did Napoleon fear the Royal naval warrior?
>>
>>3240838
>put up a good fight alone
>with Spain and Britain and several minor states
>have more troops than France
>take more casualties than France
>considered a French Victory

???
>>
>>3240854
They were powered by rum,sodomy and the flog
>>3240860
Better than any previous coalition,Archduke Charles gave Napoleon his first real loss at Aspern Esslimg and almost threatened to cut off the French Army in two
Im not saying that the Austrian particularly won or anything but yes the Austria managed to put up a better fight than anyone previously
And even in the aftermath of the Russian invasion and the sixth coalition it was only after Austria joined that the coalition had a numbers advantage
>>
>>3240890
>first real defeat
>not saying that the Austrian particularly won

What did he mean by this?
>>
I don't think we have enough media about the Napoleonic wars from the most interesting side right now anyway, but eventually it would be nice to have some stuff depicting all major sides.
>>
>>3240900
Battle,not war
>>
File: _77721623_img_1483ss.jpg (61KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
_77721623_img_1483ss.jpg
61KB, 450x450px
>>3240444
>mfw 4,000 men took 6,000 prisoners
>>
>>3240422
After we get an actually good one about France.
>>
>>3240422
Napoleonic Wars is pretty wide, better off either focusing on 1809 or 1813.

I'd rather see Russian anyway.
>>
If only some rich guy would fund a huge production for the Napoleonic Wars.
>>
>>3240422
>When are we going to get a movie/tv show about *historical event/scenario*
When some author manages to write a true bestseller, something that gets popular enough to warrant a kino.
Rome ain't gonna happen again anytime soon. Just hope for Scharfe to be written.
>>
File: 1465416174340.png (78KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1465416174340.png
78KB, 240x240px
>>3242687
>tfw jailbreak servers were real
>>
>>3240422
The Eternal Normie would rather watch Survivor: Season 30 than watch that, though.
>>
>>3240422

>miniseries about getting BTFO by Napoleon

I'd watch it
>>
>>3240838
>the fifth coalition

the 5th failed coalition
>>
>>3240890
>rum,sodomy and the flog

it's the lash jesus fuck
>>
"Don't talk to me about naval tradition. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash." - That fat Britbong with the cigar who hated Krauts
>>
>>3240422
Although Austria did perform pretty badly overall, it would be interesting to see something from their perspective considering they did give Napoleon his first battlefield defeat
>>
>>3240854
Because during the revolution all competent naval captains were executed or had fled from France, leaving the navy with awful leadership. The Army was good however because the nobility was less ingrained into it's structure and more focus was put towards rebuilding it. Spain was also pretty much a third-world country at the time so it wasn't too difficult for Britain to beat them at Trafalgar.
Britain at the time however had a good navy but a terrible Army
>>
>>3244008
There is already War and Peace
>>
>>3247203
To be fair, Britain having a good navy and a terrible/small army was hardly new.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.