[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there some sort of a rankings list of Christian prophets and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Is there some sort of a rankings list of Christian prophets and saints where they are ranked by holiness/greatness?

All I've got so far is:
>Mary > Angels > Prophets > Apostles > Church Fathers > Martyrs

Which prophets were the greatest?
>>
>>3234302
There are so many saints though.
http://www.catholic.org/saints/

scroll down on this site, they have them ranked by popularity
>>
>>3234333
Also this site is really awesome, each saint has their own little profile page with videos and a full history and stuff.

I just picked one at random.
http://www.catholic.org/saints/saint.php?saint_id=222

14 years old, patron saint of incest, neat stuff
>>
File: 2b9.jpg (219KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
2b9.jpg
219KB, 720x540px
>>3234343
>check link
>St. Dymphna Products by Catholic Online Shopping - 20% Off Everything
>>
>>3234392
thats why i love catholic.org
I mean you sure wont find deals like that on hebrew.net
>>
>>3234333
>St. Catherine's feast day is April 29, she is the patroness against fire, illness, the United States, Italy, miscarriages, people ridiculed for their faith, sexual temptation, and nurses.
>She is against The United States Italy and nurses
That's a pretty rad Saint
>>
>>3238876
she sounds pretty /int/
>>
>>3238883
I just realised that 4chan and all the boards don't have patron saints yet even knitting has a patron saint. We need patron saints here.
>>
>>3239538
4chan has St. Jude as it's patrob
>>
>>3239757
>looking him up on wikipedia
>patron of lost causes
Huh, we really do have a patron saint.
>>
>>3234333
catch em catch em gotta catch em all
>>
File: IMG_3752.jpg (260KB, 567x889px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3752.jpg
260KB, 567x889px
I've always liked the story of saint Christopher. A ton of saints died like martyrs, or did miracles. Christopher was just a huge, scary motherfucker who decided to just one day go serve the greatest king there ever was. So he goes to the greatest king, but the king is scared by the devil. So Christopher goes to look for devil. He finds a bandit that says he's the devil, so he decides to serve him. But the devil avoids crosses, so Christopher now wants to serve Christ. He finds an hermit that tells him that the best way to serve Christ is praying and fasting. Christopher says fuck that, is there another way. So the hermit tells him since he's a huge guy, he could help people cross a dangerous river or something.

After he does just that for a bit, a kid comes up to him and wants to cross. But during the crossing, the rivers gets swollen, and the kid turns out to be heavy as fuck. He still manages to cross, though, and tells the kid, wtf, you almost killed us, it's like I had the weight of the world on my should back there. The kids tells him, that's because you did have the weight of the world, plus the weight of the one who created it on your shoulders, and then the kid vanishes.

After that he did some missionary work, survived multiple attempts to kill him, but ended up beheaded. For some reason since I was a kid it has always resonated in me. I imagined Christopher as a well meaning but scary and dim witted giant, and thought the conversation between the hermit and him or his missionary work would have been pretty hilarious to watch.
>>
>>3234302
THIS IS IDOLATRY
>>3234343
THIS IS IDOLATRY
>>3239757
THIS IS IDOLATRY
>>3239818
THIS IS IDOLATRY
>>3239936
THIS IS IDOLATRY

NONE OF THIS IS IN THE TORAH OR THE ORAL LAW. STOP, IDOLATRY IS A SIN THAT G-D RARELY FORGIVES. PLEASE, FOR YOUR OWN SAKE, PLEASE STOP THIS IDOL WORSHIP.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.