[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens if the Germans somehow win at stalingrad? Do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

What happens if the Germans somehow win at stalingrad? Do they push on? Do they wait in the city which is kind of ruined and fortifiy it while army group A reach Baku and secure the oil? Also would the Soviets be out of oil as Hitler planned or would they get enough from the land lease to keep them rolling?
>>
>>3228383
>a ruined city and still many many angry russians on your flanks
>>
>>3228383
If they secure the oilfields intact then they stand a chance. If not, they're still fucked anyway. They would just last longer. Perhaps until 1946 or even 1947.
>>
All that happens is that the Wallies have to move the offensive into Italy farther east.

I suspect that Manstein's stock would have risen enormously at Vinnitsa and he would have been given a carte Blanche by the Fuhrer to conclude the War with Russia by 1944.

However, the problem is that FDR and Churchill would have used any means necessary to keep the Red Army afloat, including moving the Italian front to the Caucasus. That would have taken time, but given Allied dominance in sealift, it could have been done.
>>
>>3228383
Well, it would help secure their line on the Volga and brace for a Soviet counterattack; but remember, the fighting at the city was mostly there to help hold up the flank for the main operation driving towards Baku.

It probably wouldn't have made all that much difference in the grand scheme of things. Uranus didn't counterattack near the city itself, but the very stretched out flanks to the north and south.

>>3228758
That doesn't strike me as likely. First off, to land in the Caucasus at all requires securing Istanbul and getting into the black sea. The Turks historically weren't breaking from their neutrality like that until the writing was clearly on the wall for Germany, and I can't see them breaking it in this better German outcome. That means you'd likely have to attack and conquer Turkey, or at least take over the Dardanelles. Starting a new war like that strikes me as a bad idea, especially since while you're right about the sealift, the more critical problem is ability to deliver air support to the beaches when you invade. The Allies have plenty of planes, but they can't fly far enough to make a thing like this work, which is why all their historical amphibious operations were in short hops from their other bases.

If they want to keep the red army afloat, it's more likely they'll do it by increasing the amount of oil at the expense of other things in Lend-Lease. If they do change their invasion plans in Europe, it's going to be an accelerated attack into France, not trying to dick around in the Caucasus.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.