[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, this may seem very brutal, but I want to be practical and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

Okay, this may seem very brutal, but I want to be practical and ethical at the same time.

Some facts:
1. People live longer in this century, but the later part of their life is low quality, they are "existing" and not really having a good life.
2. Social security and pensions are an ever larger part of spending, and they burden the economy and enslave the new generations to pay for the old to exist.

Would it not make sense then, ethically speaking, to stop sustaining the existence (hardly life) of our elderly?
They are kept alive with very expensive procedures, drugs, labor intensive care, all paid for by the young. And that extra decade isn't productive at all, and isn't even very enjoyable for the elderly themselves.
Just like the argument that chemo isn't worth it for cancer patients, ruining the family financially while only giving the patient years of low quality life, the same argument can be extended for the elderly in general.

So, from an ethic standpoint, and considering both the economy as a whole and the young being debt slaves to the old, would you consider care for the elderly to be lowered, and euthanasia for the sick (especially with brain degeneration, which prevents them from quality life) to be encouraged?
>>
>>3227889
>but the later part of their life is low quality
No fucking shit. Old age isn't fun.
>>
>>3227900
The point is we are spending a tremendous resource to prolong this least productive and least enjoyable period of people's lives. Is it worthwhile doing so?
>>
>>3227905
Every century always did. This shit aint new.

From developed Western societies flooding their old folks with pention to more traditional societies allowing their grandparents to live with them, if cunts still value the concept of family, taking care of the youngest and oldest of them would still be a thing.
>>
>>3227922
Taking care of grandpa used to be a smaller part of a family's and the state's spending.
We simply care more, in a more sophisticated and expensive and labor intensive way, than we used to. And the extra little more life we squeeze out with this enhanced care is low quality life.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.