[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Communism finally dying? Did Castro's death mark the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

Is Communism finally dying? Did Castro's death mark the fall of the reds? How many countries are moving from a democratic system to a marxist-leninist one?
How about fascism? Is that dying too?
>>
>>3227116
Compared to ten years ago, both are on the rise in many Western countries. I don't see Hitler or Lenin popping up anytime soon, but it is a reach to say both are fully dead. It makes sense they would gain some popularity, as the younger generations that never witnessed them in person are relatively distant to the Cold War and especially WW2 compared to their parents and grandparents. As history moves on, the emotional attachments to past events wither away and people start to reform old ideas they think can be better this time around.
>>
File: ngbbs53a2d4e557771.jpg (63KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs53a2d4e557771.jpg
63KB, 300x300px
>>3227116
China and Vietnam are pretty much Marxist in name only. They're not totally free market but they've drifted in that direction over the past few decades. Don't know much about Laos or Cuba.

>>3227258
>both are on the rise in many Western countries.
Only if you consider leftism as a subculture rather than a coherent ideology, and even that's debatable. The old fashioned communists, who have overthrowing the capitalist class as a first priority and can actually tell you the difference between ML and Trotskyism, are all but extinct. Meanwhile, thanks to over a century of constantly moving goalposts, there are still plenty of people who call themselves "Marxists" or "communists" but have completely detached ideas of what those words mean. Many of them have no idea what surplus labor or dialectical materialism are.
>>
>>3227421
Laos is like China also, in that a communist party runs the country but doesn't practice communist ideology and is mostly a capitalist society
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.