[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what was actual combat in WW2 like? Was it like today where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1499052758725.jpg (25KB, 552x594px) Image search: [Google]
1499052758725.jpg
25KB, 552x594px
So what was actual combat in WW2 like? Was it like today where you just shoot for hours at distant dots on the horison that may or may not be the enemy, while artillery and air strikes do most of the kills anyway?

I refuse to believe it was like they depict it in CoD where you always fight at close quarters and spam grenades every five seconds.
>>
The battlefield was constantly moving due to it being the first war with true mechanized warfare. They tended to move so fast that the supply lines couldn't catch up.

In europe anyway. In the push to Japan it was a much more dragged out war.
>>
>>3226828
Idk I wasn't there
>>
>>3226828
>refuse to believe it was like they depict it in CoD where you always fight at close quarters and spam grenades every five seconds.

City battles were totally like this.
In the opening hours of Battle of Berlin, the Russians put out something like 2,500,000 artillery shells, instantly obliterating much of the city, yet there was enough Germans left to fight for next 17 days.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.