[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Macarthur right all along? Should we have bombed China's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1495409475494.png (574KB, 794x716px) Image search: [Google]
1495409475494.png
574KB, 794x716px
Was Macarthur right all along? Should we have bombed China's border with Korea?
>>
>>3220160
We should've thrown our entire might against the Chinese and blow up Beijing into a crater.
>>
>>3220160
>Should we have bombed China's border with Korea?
i thought MacArthur wanted to nuke a couple Chinese cities?
>>
>>3220160
Nah, would have led to a nuclear confrontation. More interesting however is; should the US forces have gone all the way to the Yalu river?
>>
>>3220160
Where'd he get the C in "notices" from?
>>
>>3220212
We were driving all the way to the Yalu River. That's the whole reason China decided that it was time to actually step in and intervene, as the DPRK looked like it was going to collapse and a US rump state was going to border China. MacArthur was a fucking idiot who couldn't see the wider picture.
>>
>>3220223
If they had reached and dug in next to the Yalu river, could the Chinese cross it?
>>
>>3220219
The G in bulge
>>
Nevermind MacArthur, was Patton our guy?
>>
>>3220226
Mao already had the foresight to mass 300,000 Chinese troops for the moment MacArthur would even try such a thing. The Yalu is also quite shallow and freezes over in the winter in some places. It's not an exceptionally hard river to ford.
>>
>>3220234
MacArthur
>Decides to invade North Korea when he was never told to do that in the first place
>Woe is me, I can't win Korea, China too stronk. gib nukes pls Truman
>self aggrandizing media slut
Ridgeway
>Halts the Chinese advance
>Makes the Koreans fight competently
>Didn't beg for nukes like a petulant child
>Follows orders
It's pretty clear who /ourguy/ is
>>
>>3220628
MacArthur confirmed for /ourguy/
>>
>>3220628
>MacArthur's troops were actually taking loads and loads Chinese prisoners even before the main Chinese army stormed in.
>"Merely advisors XD."
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.