[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Russian conquest of Siberia seems so exciting yet is not much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1500839937322.png (153KB, 248x459px)
1500839937322.png
153KB, 248x459px
Russian conquest of Siberia seems so exciting yet is not much discussed.
>big ass frontier spanning from Barents Sea to Caspian Sea
>inhospitable weather
>nevertheless Cossacks manage to raid left and right, slaying and conquering yak-riding natives
>eventually they reach the fucking Pacific
>cross into America and establish permament settlement there
How the fuck did a bunch of small exploring parties conquer such vast inhospitable lands? Also any good literature on Russian exploration and colonazation of Siberia and Alaska?
>>
bugs..
>>
>>3217175
This meme sucks
Saged
Kys
>>
>>3217175

Martin, Janet. “Muscovy’s Northeastern Expansion: The Context and a Cause.” Cahiers du Monde russe et soviétique 24.4 (October–December 1983): 459–470.
DOI: 10.3406/cmr.1983.1990
>A study of the interplay among religious, economic, and political motivations for the expansion of Muscovy into Siberia. The author argues that economic and political objectives competed with the goal of spreading Christianity as an underlying goal for exploration, settlement, and eventual administration (annexation) of these eastern territories.
Richards, John F. The Unending Frontier: An Environmental History of the Early Modern World. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2003.
>Includes case studies from Taiwan, China, Japan, South Africa, the West Indies, Mexico, Brazil, eastern North America, Siberia, and the northern oceans as well as the British Isles. A pathbreaking work.
Stephan, John J. The Russian Far East: A History. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 1994.
>A masterpiece of the historian’s craft, Stephan spent a lifetime of research to write this comprehensive history of the Russian Far East.
most relevant i can find op
>>
File: 1502259164925.jpg (120KB, 500x697px) Image search: [Google]
1502259164925.jpg
120KB, 500x697px
>>3217266
Wow an actual helpful post on /his/. Thanks man!
>>
>>3217175
i dont get this meme
>>
>>3217175
>yet is not much discussed
There is not much glory in butchering natives
>>
>>3218011

It seems to be a picture of some kind, possibly a depiction of an object of some sort.

Hope that helps!
>>
>>3217175
>Russian conquest of Siberia
It's not conquest if no one is there
>>
>>3217175
>Muscovy-Russia reached the Pacific, Capsian, the White Sea and Azov before the Baltic.
Really sets my turbines to speed.
>>
>>3217266
Checked and good post. I saw you in the Portugal thread too, good shit anon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.