[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Assuming, for the sake of discussion, that the Gospels are accurate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 51905708.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
51905708.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
Assuming, for the sake of discussion, that the Gospels are accurate depictions of the historical Jesus' life, character and teachings: atheists, what do you think of Jesus?
>>
>>3202770

I donĀ“t give a flying fuck about him.
>>
>inb4 some people start to claim he was a wise man and a teacher

If you don't believe he had a chance of being God, he was batshit fucking insane in the Gospels, telling people to eat his flesh and to give up their property for some non-existent kingdom.
>>
>>3202770
It all seems a bit culty
>>
File: IMG_0957.jpg (17KB, 200x175px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0957.jpg
17KB, 200x175px
>>3202770
Makes it easier for me
>>
Inferior to Shakyamuni Buddha
>>
He's just a cult leader, quite a typical one for his historical context, we know about several Messiah from around his time. He's interesting because while being the most influential cult leader in history, he's quite a loser personally, having amassed a following of several dozens only and being executed only a few years after he'd started his mission.
>>
>>3202770
The first zombie in literature.
>>
I would think

that

he was a kike.

Oh wait I dont have to assume anything in order for that to be true.
>>
>>3202789
>>3202800
Honestly this
>First, if he claims to be God and yet in fact is not, he has to be a madman or a lunatic.

>Second, if he is neither God nor a lunatic, he has to be a liar, deceiving others by his lie.

>Third, if he is neither of these, he must be God.

>CS Lewis

Of course, this assumes the gospels are entirely accurate, which is far from supported.
>>
File: 29-how-jesus-became-god.jpg (33KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
29-how-jesus-became-god.jpg
33KB, 400x600px
>>3202845
I find it hard to believe he actually called himself God because if he did the other gospels would have had a lot to say about it. But instead, it's only the latest, the less reliable and the most contradictory gospel that mentions this crucial fact. He most likely called himself Messiah and The Son of Man tho, but these positions have no claims of divinity.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.