[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did Mao do to inculcate such extreme loyalty among the Chinese

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Cultural Revolution women.jpg (108KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
Cultural Revolution women.jpg
108KB, 768x512px
What did Mao do to inculcate such extreme loyalty among the Chinese peasantry?

It's pretty crazy that he convinced tens of millions of people to beat or kill the capitalists and suspected liberals they had lived alongside for decades.

Did his economic policies give Chinese peasants a lot to be thankful for?
>>
look at China's growth in life expectancy, infant and child mortality between 1950 and 1980.
>>
>>3192635
Well, he didn't employ the Japanese they'd been fighting not even 5 years earlier to enforce his rule
>>
Wasn't Chinese peasants rising up and robbing and killing rich people kind of a common thing before Mao?
>>
>>3192635
>It's pretty crazy that he convinced tens of millions of people
I doubt it went like this. I am sure the sentiment was already there. No political movement emerges from nothing.
>>
>>3192635
Chinese revolution was basically a beta uprising combined with a countrywide witch hunt.
>neighbor has a sofa in his house? BOURGEOISE! into the camp you go!
>>
File: china infant mortality chart.png (15KB, 1170x231px) Image search: [Google]
china infant mortality chart.png
15KB, 1170x231px
>>3192653
oh wow

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4331212/

article says it was all because the government trained doctors and nurses to work in the countryside
>>
Kuomintang would still be in power today if they had been willing to do land reform. That's why Mao got support from the peasantry.
>>
>>3192798
Chiang was a weeb, this isn't even up for debate, he default loses from that after the whole 2nd Sino-Nipponese War
>>
>>3192635

He was a war-leader for the communist rebellion for 20 years before he succeded.

That kind of struggle and victory inspires loyalty.
>>
>>3192798
KMT -did- do a lot of land reform, Ashwani Saith has written about Chinese state efforts to set up collective farms and credit unions.

Problem is, bourgeois elements in the KMT were unwilling to redistribute Chinese wealth beyond some efforts to alleviate extreme poverty. Anti-landlord campaigns of the communist party during the Civil War won the support of most of the Chinese peasantry, who overthrew the already-weak grasp that nationalist forces had over the country.
>>
>>3192635
Read Confucius.
Chinks are just crazy like that.
>>
>>3192900
Ever heard of the Red Terror, French Terror or the Protestant Reformation? Iconoclasm is not restricted to one culture or population of humans...
>>
File: LMAO.png (138KB, 901x461px) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.png
138KB, 901x461px
>>3192635
Maoism is not essentially evil but very stupid and fanatic.
>>
>>3192635
You really underestimate the power of ideology.
>>
>>3192692
>into the camp you go!

more like "into the mass grave you go"
>>
>>3192635
Communism was an alien ideology to China, which is why the Chinese treated it so dogmatically and violently. They didn't have the proper culture to create ideological blindspots, so they went all in
>>
>>3193420
>wanting everybody to be equal
>not essentially evil
America is a communist country.
>>
>>3193468
Is this your personal belief or is it based on something? I firmly hold the belief that any revolution has the potential to become destructive and iconoclastic, as I said here >>3192964. And I base that on what I've learned, for example, about the Russian civil war and the Millenarian movements.
>>
>>3192661
He also didn't copy them and sack nanjing a second time.
>>
>>3192792
Does it have anything to do with antibiotics discovered by imperialists?
>>
File: Chiang_Kai-shek.jpg (61KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chiang_Kai-shek.jpg
61KB, 375x500px
>>3192635
He was the only alternative to corrupt and incompetent nationalists and warlords.
>>
>>3192685
That's any revolution ever.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.