[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What makes you interested in history? Do you like imagining you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Egyptian-Pyramids-6.jpg (247KB, 1431x800px) Image search: [Google]
Egyptian-Pyramids-6.jpg
247KB, 1431x800px
What makes you interested in history? Do you like imagining you're some famous historical figure? Do you like to fantasize about living in a different era?
>>
>>3188234
I am just curious
>>
>>3188234
Because I feel great enthusiasm reading about historic events.

I do not fantasize about living in another era, I just find it fascinating.
>>
I imagine being a kang.
>>
I like to remember what white "people" stole from me.
>>
>>3188234
Knowing the past helps you in understanding the present and predicting the future
>>
>>3188234
>Be about 7 or 8.
>My dad was the world champion of this wargame called World in Flames, and was often running out to conventions/tournaments (It's less impressive than it sounds, I doubt there are even 1000 players worldwide).
>Always had this big gameboard open in the basement.
>Decided I ought to learn how to play since I kept hanging around and bugging him when he was either playing or working out new strategies.
>Oh, the rulebook is only a hundred pages long or so, nothing difficult at all.
>After about a year of studying, he's confident that I can at least move the pieces around, takes down his current studies and pitches me into a couple of games against him.
>I'm like 9, I have no idea what I'm doing, and I'm going up against a literal WC.
>Get absolutely, positively crushed.
>That sucked.
>Remember that the game is based on WW2
>Start looking up WW2 history to try to come up with some idea of what to do.
>Doesn't help me play (enough to matter, anyway), but it's interesting for its own sake.
>Start branching out into other stuff, other wars at first, and eventually other historical projects outside of milhis.
> Still playing World in Flames, actually, and by now I've gotten very good, I'm considered a very strong player in my own right, and looking to take the WC title myself next summer (although my odds are not great of unseating the current champion)
>>
>>3188234
I like looking at old shit and knowing the story behind it enhances the experience.
>>
>>3188853
>I doubt there are even 1000 players worldwide
World in Flames is pretty popular
>>
>>3188234
I used to love action movies, war movies (this began when I was literally in diapers). That more or less got me into WW2, which more or less got me into the history of warfare, which got me into history in general. Now I don't even care for WW2 all that much, I just find it interesting. I feel the same excitement when thinking about my favorite NBA team or college football team that I do when I think about history. I wouldn't say I larp or fantisize but thinking of the energy, the intrigue, with which historical achievement and events took place is very similar to day-dreaming about being in certain situations. History sort of has the same effect that my favorite television shows do aswell.
>>
>>3188234
I like the fact that it is 50 times more interesting, brutal and descriptive than any fantasy I have ever read. Currently reading The Peloponnesian War, these speeches are amazing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.