[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did it take nearly 4,000 years for humans to go from swords,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: 1489959956913.png (23KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1489959956913.png
23KB, 231x218px
Why did it take nearly 4,000 years for humans to go from swords, bows, and catapults too cannons and muskets.
But less than a century to go from repeating rifles, to nuclear weapons.
>>
England has only been around for 1/3 of that time.
>>
>>3186924
America has only been around even less of that time.. What's your point?
>>
>>3186900
idk I guess just of the top of my head that universities, the printing press, the beginning of the first real academic pursuit of the sciences the slow and steady buildup of collective knowledge etc etc

basically there's a lot of these new technological or social improvements coming out and many times they reinforce each other, so you get a sort of exponential effect going on
>>
>>3186900
Because technological progress is exponential, not linear. If it were linear, that would mean none of the new technologies that were developed ever made it so that it was easier to develop subsequent new technologies. Which wouldn't make any sense at all. The whole point of technology is it increases your ability to get things done, and the class of objects covered by "getting things done" includes developing even newer technologies. It's similar to how compound interest works. You not only get interest on your initial investment, you also get interest on the interest, so your returns don't just go up at a linear rate.
>>
>>3186900
upgrade times bro
>>
>>3186900
Humanity had to grind for experience to purchase new upgrades.
>>
File: 1412940224679.jpg (35KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
1412940224679.jpg
35KB, 177x278px
>>3186900
The rise of organised nation-states, centralised governments and interwoven military-industrial complexes that are incentivised to develop increasingly effective tools of war.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.