[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you all get out of endlessly & bitterly arguing over

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

This place is pretty horrible tbqh
>>
>>3186035
You just describes 90% of human interaction mate.
>>
Oh nice that's the main goddess my family worships.
Good taste op.
>>
Just leave then.

You don't argue to convince your adversary but to convince the audience/lurkers to your point of view.
>>
>>3186051
Actually you try to do both. When engaging a debate you focus on the second option.
>>
>>3186049
Cool, whereabouts are you from?
>>
>>3186035
I hate 4chan's main demographic and I like them feeling bad.
>>
>>3186035
You'll have a better experience on Reddit.

I'm not even joking.
>>
>>3186035
Its fun?
Get the stick out of your ass
>>
>>3190065
Reddit ain't fun at all. There's no incentive to participate in the discussion. Arrive late to a thread and your comment gets buried. Nobody replies, nobody even sees it. Arrive early to a popular topic and get a thousand (You)s that you can't possibly read or respond to. Arrive early to an unpopular topic and you waste your time on a post that, again, nobody sees or reads. So you just read what other people post, never saying anything.

4chan is a much more equal environment that encourages everybody to voice their opinion and join the discussion, no matter how retarded they are. It causes some problems, but overall it's a better format.
>>
>>3186035
Cool statue, who is this dude?
>>
>>3186035
To further advance my knowledge. I can't claim knowledge when its not tested. At best, untested claims are simple token information.

Arguing over all bits and parts of a statement brings out the flaws. I prefer open criticism without any fallout damage as one of the best place to learn.
>>
>>3186035
Maybe 4chan isn't for you kiddo.
>>
>>3186035
To gain new insights, of course. A dialectic discourse is one of the best ways to reach new understanding, and maybe learn. It may seem horrible at times (and it definitely is), but one wouldn't do it if they didn't enjoy it.
>>
>>3186035
It's just a fact that a bunch of rude, half-assed statements will achieve more here than an actual demand of sources, a better constructed argument or additional info. Don't get it wrong, it's definitely possible to get those by politely asking or making a thread. It's just less likely that your post will be not ignored.
>>
File: 020058.jpg (16KB, 270x450px) Image search: [Google]
020058.jpg
16KB, 270x450px
>>3190241
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guanyin
>>
>>3186035
The goal of an argument is not to convince the other guy, you're supposed to convince the audience.
>>
>>3191360
Only in the case of public arguments and only if you want to be pragmatic.

Actually, the goal of an argument is to convince both the audience and the interlocutor, since the interlocutor is part of the audience. It just is rare for the interlocutor to budge, if he isn't open-minded.
>>
>>3191389
In fact, the goal of an argument is also to convince yourself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.