[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So- would I be safe to say that during the middle republic Rome

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3066.jpg (27KB, 230x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3066.jpg
27KB, 230x382px
So- would I be safe to say that during the middle republic Rome enjoyed more military success in spite of rather than because of their political structure?

Good at exploiting victories, disjointed and all fucked up during longer campaigns?
>>
>>3180066
I think it would be best to say that although the political structure created some remarkable issues (like assigning unfit but politically powerful generals to armies resulting in a shitload of defeats), said structure was the main reason for Rome's success.
I mean think about it: Rome was organized enough to basically enforce a proto-mobilization when needed. That's some fairly insane organization for the period.
>>
>>3180066

On the contrary, Rome's revolutionary (for the day) political structure is exactly what made them so successful during the Republican era.
>>
>>3182020

Their success is difficult to argue against for sure. They just would not have dominated the region without their political strength.

Having said that, I think the election of consul meant they were poorly led at times and the rotation of generals meant their campaigns weren't quite as well considered as they could have been.

Some of the floggings they took would have decimated other people's though without their political prowess holding them together.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.