[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have spent the last five years studying African history and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1920.gif (52KB, 700x428px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1920.gif
52KB, 700x428px
I have spent the last five years studying African history and am more than willing to answer any questions you guys may have about the continent. My answers will be unbiased and rooted in science and reasoning.
>>
>>3172369
In comparison to the Northern poritons of the Roman empire, the North Africans seem on the face of it to be less interested in Rome than Europe was, why is that?
>>
>>3172378
They feared the Roman warrior.
>>
Why study the history of Africa? Not that there's anything wrong with that, I think it's interesting that you did so, but I'm just curious as to why
>>
Why did sub-saharan Africans never develop the wheel?
>>
>>3172426
Why didn't Europeans?
>>
>>3172369

Are Mediterraneans the strongest race?
>>
>>3172426
It really wasn't common nor was it practical given the use of cattle and donkey.

I mean Arabs abandoned the wheel when the camel became the primary mode of transportation so clearly it wasn't necessary.
>>
>>3172483
damn... whitey BTFO!
>>
>>3172369
>Why did Joaquim Chissano and Dos Santos discard communism?
>Why did written language never take hold in much of Africa?
>Redpill us on Ottoman-Portuguese Wars in the Red Sea
>Based on their temperament and behavior, would Samora Machel and Thomas Sankara have become like Mugabe or Amin if they weren't assassinated?
>Why did the British resort to airstrikes to defeat the Dervish State?
>Did Ethiopia develop a messianic complex after being surrounded by Muslims?
>How influential are confraternities in Nigeria?
>Why did the Omani not move their capital to continental Africa? Staying on Zanzibar allowed them to be politically dominated by the British
>is the ark of covenant in ethiopia?

Please, I'm dying to know
>>
>>3172369
Why lie? Did you want people to give you questions so you could laugh at them for being gullible enough to believe you?
>>
>>3172369
Maybe not history related but what country in Africa is the best to move and live a chill and cheap life (and maybe marry a local qt)?
>>
>>3172369
>China
>105

LMAO
>>
>>3172378
Not OP, but my guess would be that modern British-American/European centric worldview usually thinks of Rome as a wholly European thing and tends to alienate what really was most of the Empire's population, hell, shitposters even like to exclude parts of Italy a lot of the time.

And North African LARPers on the internet usually seem more interested in the Caliphate, which I guess makes sense since Islam has a lot more cultural implications than say, Christianism in Europe.
Also there's the whole "WE have our OWN empires to be proud of" thing that contrarian anti-westerns like to push, like in Latin America where the Incas, Aztecs and Mayas get shilled a lot more despite the fact that they are culturally and kind of ethnically part of the Western Roman world.

>>3172594
>is the ark of covenant in ethiopia?

They claim that and honestly they're the only specific location we know of where it could legitimately be, there's at least some records to back up the claim. You go and try to take a look tho, see how far you get.
>>
>>3174211
I'm pretty sure the western provinces were more populous than the eastern provinces.
>>
>>3174228
Well, half of North Africa counts as the "western side" of the empire. And seeing as there were more cities in the Mediterranean coast, I would imagine that despite being geographically smaller, there would of been more people and higher population density on the East.

But i'm just speculating.
>>
>>3174238
38 million lived in the Latin west while 23 million lived in the Greek east apparently https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_Roman_Empire
>>
File: 1453632552241.jpg (47KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1453632552241.jpg
47KB, 720x576px
Who is more responsible for the destruction of African cultures and history?
Europeans?
The Bantu Empire, if I remember correctly weren't they sort of like a African Mongol Horde?
Or a third party?
>>
>>3174259
Very interesting, the North European regions were a lot more populated than I would of imagined.

I guess we should be technically speaking about North and South in this case tho, but I still find it interesting that former Carthage was so depopulated compared to other parts of the empire. Egypt alone had almost as many people.
>>
>>3172369
>claims to be knowledgeable in a certain area and says they'll answer any questions anyone has
>gets questions
>doesn't answer any of them
Faggot.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.