[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How complicit were various governments in the golden triangle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 550px-HeroinWorld-en.svg.png (63KB, 550x279px) Image search: [Google]
550px-HeroinWorld-en.svg.png
63KB, 550x279px
How complicit were various governments in the golden triangle drug smuggling schemes?
>>
Goes back to before WW2. The Corsican Mafia, the various Intel agencies, defense industry to some Presidential Admins in several nations. Even a tie-in to the JFK assassination. Start reading dude it took me almost 2 years.
>>
>>3170844
>Iran
Is this post revolution Iran? Heroin smuggling? Tell me more.
>>
File: Myanmar Soldier with a Baung.jpg (183KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
Myanmar Soldier with a Baung.jpg
183KB, 610x407px
>>3170844
Fun fact: in South East Asia, it's all because of the KMT Army that was in Burma.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuomintang_in_Burma

To Summarize
-1949, Mao and his commies win the Chink Civil War. KMT Nationalists either fall back to Taiwan or surrender to commies.
-Except 2 Armies and a Division, which fled to Burma.
-Burma- recently independent- was fighting to control restive minorities in the North. Suddenly boom, KMT Soldiers, arriving regiment by regiment, into Burma.
-Called the "Lost Army," the KMT soldiers in Burma swore to liberate Yunnan province (province just across the Burmese border) and continue the struggle versus communist China.
-Problem is, they're in neutral Burma. Who wanted nothing to do with the Commiee/Free world bullshit struggle.
-Burma was like: "Dude, kindly fuck off my country, bros."
-KMT Troops was like "How bout you fuck off lel." and subsequently took control of Shan Province. (Northeast Burma. Chinese/Burma/Thai Border)
-To make matters worse: USA, Thailand, and ROC-Taiwan supported the Lost Army and shipped in loads of weapons and supplies.
-Even worse: the Lost Army desperately needed funds to continue their small war. They turned to opium production and trade taking advantage of the biggest Opium producing region in SEA.
-By 1952 there is literally a Narco-Junta state of 10,000 Chinese soldiers ruling over 1 Million people within Burma.
-All because "Fuck Communism."
-These guys launch mad guerilla offensives into China then retreating back to Burma to smoke a bowl and rearm.
-They also fight the Burmese army off and kept 'em busy by giving weapons to the minority rebels they're fighting.
-1960-61: Burma gets super pissed and asks PRChina for a joint op. The Lost Army is destroyed.
-Of the 10,000 soldiers, only 4000 evacuate to Taiwan. The rest of the shattered veterans, with nowhere to run and disillusioned as fucking hell, went to ground in Burma, Laos, and Thailand and became crime bosses with narco-armies.
>>
>>3172552
There is a nation within Iran that Iran is basically occupying, they live in the south-west, and their economy is drugs based.
Pakistan near the Iran border also is.
>>
>>3173730
>desiretoknowmoreintensifies.jpg
>>
>>3173741
Baluchistan is the former name of the place, the people are Baluchis or something, look up more info. What I know wasn't from an english text.
>>
>>3173727
Anyone got good reading on this? Sounds like a drug induced /k/ alt history (thr good kind)
>>
>>3173754
Please anyone, I must know more
>>
>>3173743
Baluchistan isn't in the south west of Iran but in the south east
>>
>>3173786
You could like, check his wiki links' references.
>>
>>3173790
>Baluchistan isn't in the south west of Iran but in the south east

You are correct, I visualized the map differently in my head. I meant to say the Pakistan border, as implied by the later mentioning of Pakistan, but in my head the map was turned a bit and I saw that as being more west than it is.

Thanks for correcting me.
>>
>>3173802
Yes but historians usually have better recs. I only use the citations when I have to.
>>
>>3173821
>Historians
>On /his/
Come on now
>>
>>3173841
Sorry meant /his/torians. And not to sound too soft but to me at least you guys seem intelligent.
>>
>>3170844
Top organizer was Britain.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.