[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>look for a decent, unbiased, fun history book dealing with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (5KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 244x206px
>look for a decent, unbiased, fun history book dealing with the USS
>Get disappointed by Howard Zinn
>Happen upon Paul Johnson
>it starts like this:

"The creation of the United States of America is the greatest of all human adventures. No other national story holds such tremendous lessons, for the American people themselves and for the rest of mankind."
>>
>>3170476
I bet you're a blast at parties.
>>
>>3170476
Try to find a book by a non-US author. The only purpose of those kinds of books is their comedy value.
>>
>>3170476
burgers are inbred self-jerking redditors 2bh
>>
Howard Zinn is a terrible historian. He is incredibly biased and puts people into groups and pins them against each other instead of creating a cohesive history. He is toxic to the entire study of history in general.
>>
File: An-Indigenous-Peoples-History.jpg (126KB, 310x465px) Image search: [Google]
An-Indigenous-Peoples-History.jpg
126KB, 310x465px
>>3170476
Well it's not going to kiss the US's ass, and it's definetely not fun, but it's a decent and worthwhile read, from a different perspective on the history of the US.
>>
>>3171482
>biased
what historian isn't
>puts people into groups
what would you suggest he do otherwise?
>pins them against each other
i'm interested in your interpretations of his case studies where i'll learn that union workers and their bosses, native americans and white settlers, etc. all were just big groups of friends
>he is toxic to the entire study of history
nerds like you who can't handle polemical works are honestly worse for the discipline
>>
>>3171547

You sound like you like to sip a nice big cup of liberal propaganda every morning.

Fuck off, identity politics and history are very toxic, and Howard Zinn is a perfect example of that. A cohesive history is far more beneficial then pinning groups of people against each other to add dramatic flair to his books to mask his overall shitty writing style.
>>
>>3170591
Reddit tier reply. Literally fuck off.
>>
>>3171649
you're really defensive. what "cohesive history" do you recommend we teach? something tells me you aren't thinking that American History courses should cover the 15,000+ year history of the landmass that is the United States but instead should focus for 12 years of general education on this random group of people that started to call themselves Americans 300 years ago

something also tells me you don't have an advanced degree in history or any related field and are just a shitposter who's buttmad that history about anything besides Rome and WWII is TOXIC BORING IDPOL
>>
File: Carlos_Bianchi.jpg (588KB, 2592x3888px) Image search: [Google]
Carlos_Bianchi.jpg
588KB, 2592x3888px
>>3171523
>women authors
>>
>>3170476
Wait until you read his "History of the Jews".
>nonstop wankery over Jews only a step below full blow ethnic chauvinism
>taking Biblical accounts about Abraham and Moses at face value
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.