[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the Aztec empire see the modern age had they somehow successfully

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: aztecalendarstone.jpg (120KB, 650x613px) Image search: [Google]
aztecalendarstone.jpg
120KB, 650x613px
Would the Aztec empire see the modern age had they somehow successfully fended off Cortes' invasion?
>>
No, Doom mechanics would have got them eventually.
>>
File: Tenochtitlan-2.jpg (2MB, 1353x950px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan-2.jpg
2MB, 1353x950px
I think they would have eventually been conquered by some other European expedition, maybe another Spanish one, maybe by the Portuguese (though they would contravene the Tordesillas treaty) maybe even by the French, English or Dutch.

An interesting question though, what would have happened directly afterwards if the Mexicas managed to kill all Spaniards in the Noche Triste and defeated the Tlaxcalans? I imagine diseases would still pose a giant threat to the Aztecs.
>>
They met a warrior race more fearsome than their own.
>>
>>3170159
No
The Inca and especially the Maya might have been able to ride an Aztec defeat of the Spaniards to the modern age.
>>
File: 1486227681381.jpg (169KB, 490x572px) Image search: [Google]
1486227681381.jpg
169KB, 490x572px
>>3170159
Yes, they would have traded silver with the Chinese. Forced the defeated Spanish to share with them the old world knowledge of navigation and started to exploit the silver mines at the northern deserts with horses to transport it.

>They agreed to work at it viribus et posse, and began at once to divide the task between them, and I must say that they worked so hard, and with such good will, that in less than four days they constructed a fine bridge, over which the whole of the men and horses passed. So solidly built it was, that I have no doubt it will stand for upwards of ten years without breaking —unless it is burnt down — being formed by upwards of one thousand beams, the smallest of which was as thick round as a man's body, and measured nine or ten fathoms (16.8-18m) in length, without counting a great quantity of lighter timber that was used as planks. And I can assure your Majesty that I do not believe there is a man in existence capable of explaining in a satisfactory manner the dexterity which these lords of Tenochtitlan, and the Indians under them, displayed in constructing the said bridge: I can only sav that it is the most wonderful thing that ever was seen.
- Fifth Letter of Relation by Cortes to Charles V

Too bad they were muhonor fags obsessed with capturing more than killing.
>>
>>3170159
The Aztecs had only been in the valley of Mexico for about 100 years when Cortez landed and in that time they managed to piss off literally every single one of their neighbors and allies.

They were doomed.
>>
>>3172244
The Spanish had an empire for only 27 years when they met the Aztecs yet they managed to piss every single of their neighbors: Netherlands-Belgium, Half of the Italian Peninsula, France, England, German kingdoms, The Ottoman empire, The Berbers, Portugal, you name it. Surely that they were not going achieve anything in history and even less in a foreign land considering they were already doomed back home.
>>
>>3170210
Kek'd
>>
>>3170159
Of course, anything is possible. But speculating is useless cause there's a million variables to consider.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.