[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize that the Greeks actually were the center

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 20170730_220558.jpg (398KB, 1200x714px) Image search: [Google]
20170730_220558.jpg
398KB, 1200x714px
When did you realize that the Greeks actually were the center of the world, and therefore the center of the known universe?
>>
that's the center of a map, the center of the world would be the metallic core, this is a silly thread
>>
>>3167393
>Mercator projection
>>
>>3167393
GREENLAND IS NOT AS BIG AS AFRICA FUCK YOU
>>
>>3167393
Im pretty sure the earth is not a perfect sphere, therefore if you could unravel the surface into a paper map and layed it flat, I'm not sure you could make an equilateral and perfectly centered point.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong?
>>
>>3167393
>atlantic-centered map
>>3167444
>this

time to order the exit bag from your amazon wishlist, OP
>>
File: map.png (29KB, 460x377px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
29KB, 460x377px
>>3167393
It's not accurate. Pic related. West Africa is the center of the world and civilization itself.
>>
>>3167663
damn, we wuz changz after all
>>
>>3167393
Today, thanks to you :^)
>>
>>3167393
I once heard that burger maps have the Americas at the centre and Chinks had Asia. Is this true?
>>
>>3167757
Yes it is true
>>
>>3167663
The exact center is in Gulf of Guinea, Brittania rules the waves (and decided where the Greenwich meridian goes), so...
>>
>>3167398
>earth is round and has a metallic core inside (??? what the fuck)
Please, globeheads, go away.

Jerusalem is at the center of the world, please see related.
>>
File: AZIMUTHAL EQUIDISTANT PROJECTION.jpg (975KB, 2058x2058px) Image search: [Google]
AZIMUTHAL EQUIDISTANT PROJECTION.jpg
975KB, 2058x2058px
>>3167393

THE CENTER OF THE WORLD IS THE NORTH POLE.
>>
>>3167521
It's Africa centered you fucking moron.
>>
>>3167757
Not a lot but you do see it sometimes. I dunno about China but American cartographers generally don't like to split Eurasia in half on opposite sides of their map.
>>
>>3167398
it's not even the center of the map.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.