[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was watching Master and Commander and I noticed something that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1397.jpg (691KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1397.jpg
691KB, 1024x768px
I was watching Master and Commander and I noticed something that interested me. Stephen goes on his anarchistic rant and complains about authority. During this he says that Napoleon is a tyrant. This view of Napoleon may be due to British propaganda at the time, however I'm not sure.

Would you agree with this, if so please tell me why.
>>
I'd like to add that I'm not leaning towards the British propaganda angle, it's just something I suggested that I think may have contributed to how Napoleon was thought of.
>>
Napoleon was generally well liked by your common French man, his public image was amazingly well kept. He was able to be the main figure of authority in France just like the monarchists before him while popular image was of a liberator.
This was helped by his support for independence movements in places like Poland and Ireland were again, his popular opinion was well kept.
>>
>>3166083
Stephen doesnt seem like the sort of man to fall for propaganda dude.
>>
>>3166083
Napoleon overthrow the directory and made himself emperor,sounds a bit tyranical to me
>>
File: napoopan.jpg (838KB, 2000x2500px) Image search: [Google]
napoopan.jpg
838KB, 2000x2500px
>>3166083
Napoopan was a rare case of a largely benevolent and competent tyrant.
>>
Napoleon was an autocrat make no mistake, and he promoted family to many key positions. However his crowning as emperor of france was by no means a restoration of the ancien regime, or an end to the french revolution. He ruled by fiat but his policies mostly furthered the revolution's goals, particularly a complete rewriting of the legal code and numerous anti-corruption measures.

Frankly I think it would be wrong to consider french revolution as inherently a democratic movement.
>>
>>3168407
t. salty englishman
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.