[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Nazis just invade all of Turkey? Did they fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Nazi Europe.png (271KB, 1088x998px) Image search: [Google]
Nazi Europe.png
271KB, 1088x998px
Why didn't Nazis just invade all of Turkey?
Did they fear the Turkish warrior?
>>
>>3163207
The regime was friendly to them and they had bigger fish to fry. It's not unreasonable to assume they would have been attacked had the Soviet Union fallen, just like the Nazis were planning to invade Switzerland but never got around to it.
>>
>>3163207
>Hitler never invaded Liechtenstein
did he fear the Liechtensteinian warrior?
>>
>>3163222
yes
>>
They supplied large amounts of chromium, valuable to all branches of the Wehrmacht. 60% of German chromium came from Turkey in 1939.
Attacking Turkey would disrupt the supply. This and the unfriendly terrain made it not worth the time and effort.
>>
>>3163207
Turkey signed a non aggression pact with them and attended an anti Comintern pact meeting. Turkey did sell chromium but was very wary of Germany also and attack on soviets scared it away from ever joining them, Italy also had ambitions in Turkey.
>>
>>3163271
Can I get a source on the chromium? Sounds interesting
>>
>>3163429
>Between 1933 and 1939 German exports from Turkey rose from 37.9 million Reichsmarks to 122.6 million. In 1939 Turkey supplied over 60 percent of German requirements of chromium ore. These are impressive figures, though they do not reveal much about the economic structure of German-Turkish relations. Thus German imports from Turkey and exports to Turkey both amounted to less than 3 percent of total German imports and exports during that period. However, Germany held top place in Turkish exports and imports: in 1938 some 39.7 percent of exports went to Germany and 45 percent of imports came from there. These figures clearly demonstrate Ankara's enormous economic dependence on Berlin.

https://books.google.com/books?id=MVlyhZucoFcC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false
Page 153 of this book
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.