[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Alexander have controlled all this if he hadn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9891.jpg (250KB, 787x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9891.jpg
250KB, 787x386px
Could Alexander have controlled all this if he hadn't died on his way home?
>>
oh yah sure, I can't foresee any issues honestly
>>
>>3162411
fpbp
>>
>>3162399

No, the fact that not even half of the areas conquered didn't rebel the second Alexander's army moved on to the next place is beyond me.
>>
>>3162421
>No, the fact that not even half of the areas conquered didn't rebel the second Alexander's army moved on to the next place is beyond me.
oh yah sure, I can't foresee any issues honestly
>>
>>3162399
>implying he wouldn't just conquer more
Nigga Arabia and Rome are still on the to-do list, and add that to reaching the ends of the earth, and circumnavigating the entire African continent 1500 years early.
>>
>>3162539
in all of history Arabia was never really conquered none want's to conquer a desert
>>
Persians had controlled most of it for 200 years, and later Seleucides were close to reconquering all of it, so I can't see why he couldn't have done it.

I mean, Alexander was a military genius, but all he did was conquer one big empire using the existing power structures as much as possible. He was basically the German barbarian for the Persian Western Roman Empire.
>>
>>3162539
>and circumnavigating the entire African continent 1500 years early.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necho_II#Phoenician_expedition
>>
>>3162399
Of his generals weren't gay and stayed married to their wives, maybe
>>
>>3164318
>implying that sexuality wasn't fluid in Ancient Greece
>>
>>3162399
Legends of Ancient Greece.
>>
>>3162399
No. He couldn't even control his own fucking army.
>>
>>3162399
Probably. They Achaemenid Empire at its peak was larger, and Alexander was essentially adopting their system of governance (with modification). He was also way more inclusive of non Macedonian/Greek populations than the successors.

Of course, there still would have been rebellions but they would have been delt with. The biggest issue would be whether his son (Alexander IV, or another one) would have been able to command Macedonian and Perisan loyalties. It really depends whether his mixed heritage (Greco-Iranian) becomes a hindrance or a boon.
>>
>>3167121
>They(sic) Achaemenid Empire at its peak was larger

That doesn't even make sense. No it wasn't. And the Persians never had a strong hold on the Egyptians, who hated them.
>>
File: image.png (57KB, 672x442px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
57KB, 672x442px
>>3167782
This is the Empire at its geographical peak under Darius I. It's larger than Alexander's empire. Also
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_largest_empires

And yeah, the Persian had to deal with revolts. So did Alexander, it goes with ruling an empire so large.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.