[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What led Rome and Parthia to be mutually antagonistic towards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Legend of the Galactic Heroes.jpg (86KB, 736x716px) Image search: [Google]
Legend of the Galactic Heroes.jpg
86KB, 736x716px
What led Rome and Parthia to be mutually antagonistic towards each other for much of their history?
>>
Armenia
>>
>>3161354
Yes, but Armenia ceased to exist in 428 AD as it was absorbed by Parthia and Rome yet hostilities continued. Most notibly with Khosrau I being a thorn in Justinian's side and the Byzantine–Sasanian War of 602–628 that all but crippled both states only to maintain a status quo half a century later.
>>
>>3161349
Roman didn't play nice with anybody until they were conquered.
>>
File: 1485582164656.jpg (296KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1485582164656.jpg
296KB, 900x850px
>>3161917
>Parthia
>Sasanian Empire
>different
>>
>>3161349
they were just expansive empires being expansive empires towards one another

same with the grudge between France and England
>>
>>3161349
They're powerful and close to each other. That's literally all you need.
>>
>>3161988
They are essentially still the same entity though. The transition of Rome from republic to empire warrants little in terms of distinction and I don't see the transitioning of Parthia to the Sassanian Empire to be much different. Even if foreign policy was more aggressive under most emperors in Sassanian Empire.
>>
File: beovTRG.jpg (243KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
beovTRG.jpg
243KB, 1080x1349px
>be big empire
>instead of expanding and conquering small retarded and disorganised tribes attack the greatest power know to you
>even if you win you barely gain anything in the long run
shitlords did it all for personal glory and triumph
>>
>>3162005
to be fair the Parthians weren't all that powerful in comparison. They were just very far away. Sure there was the BTFOing of Crassus but subsequent wars usually favored the Romans.

The Sassanids on the other hand
>>
>>3161391
>428 AD
>Parthia exists
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.