[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Eastern European history so underrated? It's always:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: central-eastern-europe-map.jpg (435KB, 1193x1600px) Image search: [Google]
central-eastern-europe-map.jpg
435KB, 1193x1600px
Why is Eastern European history so underrated?

It's always: WEST, muh England, muh France, muh Germany. But no one really cares about Eastern Kingdoms and Empires. England was an irrelevant backwater compared to: Poland-Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary and Muscovy
>>
>>3159350
> England was an irrelevant backwater compared to: Poland-Lithuania, Bohemia, Hungary and Muscovy

Ahahaha what the fuck am I reading?

You were never relevant apart from Hungary and sometimes Poland and Czech republic, Baltic states were always irrelevant backwaters, same as the Balkans and Ukraine
>>
>>3159376
>anglo education
>>
Can anyone recommend a good book in English on Medival Poland?
>>
>>3159390
Anything Norman Davies.
>>
>>3159396
Thanks, I'll look into it.
>>
>>3159350
Reminder that anything east of Charlemagne's Empire is irrelevant forever
>>
>>3159376
Czech republic didn't exist before 1993.
>>
>>3159390
"How Poland won the Battle of Britain" by Pavel Zckyzvck
>>
>>3159376
>Ukraine
>literally the birthplace of Indo-Europeans
>irrelevant
>>
>>3159434
You`re right Chernobyl at least spanned S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
>>
>>3159439
>muh vidyagames
Fuck off beta nerd
>>
>>3159434
What a retard you are, just because some prehistoric people originated in the eastern borders of Ukraine 6000 years ago this doesn't make that region relevant, it's like saying East Africa is relevant because humans originated there

Talking about the region
>>
>>3159431
butthurt anglotrash
>>
>>3159350
Because it's boring as hell
>>
>>3159444
There were never humans living in Africa until like the 17th century.
>>
File: 1484609995938.png (351KB, 598x447px) Image search: [Google]
1484609995938.png
351KB, 598x447px
>>3159441
Make me faggot
>>
>>3159434
>Ukraine
>literally the birthplace of Indo-Europeans
Barely, and it's not historically relevant. Western Ukraine is the origin of Slavs tho, and that's an interesting historical topic.
>>
>>3159453
Pipet marshes is a nonsensical theory based solely on linguistic reconstruction, Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany.
>>
>>3159350
Something something... Western nations having better access to the high seas... something something... colonialism... something something... more foreign nations including the media juggernaught of the USA having most of its modern origins with influence from western nations.
>>
>>3159451
t. hohol, clearly the one to with the superior race.
>>
>>3159431
>inb4 not medieval

Poland has always been and always will be medieval
>>
>>3159456
>Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany.
Source?
>>
>>3159463
>how do I English
Suit yourself nigger
>>
>>3159469
I havn't slept in twentyseven hours, what's your excuse?
>>
>>3159467
Archaelogical research especially pottery. Pripet marshes quickly falls apart when you realize what it's actually based on.
>>
>>3159456
> Slavs originated in what is now Czech republic and Eastern Germany
They clearly migrated into Eastern Germany because the population spoke East German languages up until the 5th century.
>>
>>3159396
this, his shit in general is top notch
>>
>>3159475
Excuse for what, not being a nigger?
>>
>>3159350
Because everything is based on Anglo-German propaganda and the idea of Teutonic Race. And that somehow people of the East are worse.

English history is very boring prior to Industrialization and that's why nothing before is ever mentioned. Kievan Rus, Poland-Lithuania, K. of Hungary, Muscovy all have more interesting history than England. Poles had more advanced technology and laws before West Europe, that's how they escaped Black Death.

You can clearly see English getting uppity ITT. Deep down, they know it's true.
>>
>>3159396
>Anglotrash
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 1058x800px)
image.jpg
137KB, 1058x800px
>>3159431
>Britbongs couldnt defend their own people on their home turf
>mfw
>>
>>3159476
Poland and Czech were inhabited by Celts and Germanics prior to Slavic expansions.
>>
>>3159350
Weird isn't it? Eastern Europe has always been the crossroads of civilizations and religions, Slavs, Germans, Magyars, Mongols, Turks, Scandies, Orthodoxy, Catholicism, Protestantism, Islam. And as such there's a shitload of interesting conflicts. England is boring as fuck and France too, but France was at least relevant.
>>
>>3159501
Nobody mentioned Poland.
>>
>>3159503
The autochthonic theory still doesn't hold. There were no Slavs in Central Europe before migration period.
>>
>>3159607
There were, pottery proves that outright.
>but muh Germans and Celts
They lived side by side with the Slavs.
>>
>>3159624
>pottery == language
>pottery == ethnicity
Most of the world have close to identical material culture, that doesn't mean we're all American.
>>
>>3159640
I trust pottery more than autistic linguistic reconstructions. Slavs aren't native to Eastern Europe, they expanded there from the west and displaced the original Finnic folk.
>>
MUH EURASIAN STEPPES
>>
>>3159651
>they expanded there from the west and displaced the original Finnic folk.
That might be true east and north of Dnepr, but there's no data on Finns living western than that, to begin with.
>displaced
Assimilated. According to haplogroups, Russians are like 15% Finnish.
>>
File: 1501094982018.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1501094982018.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>3159350
>big countries think they're the shit and are willfully ignorant or just uninterested in history beyond the basic outline of their countries
wew, cancel humanity I guess
>>
>>3159727
I'm getting really sick and tired of your shitposting, cockroach.
>>
>>3159727
can I unironically actually pay you to stop (shit)posting on /his/?
Would you accept paypal?
>>
>>3159376
>Huge empires fighting over them for centuries
>Won wars against Russia
>irrelevant backwaters

Lol
>>
>>3159800
name your price
>>
>>3159727
More relevant than Australia could ever hope becoming.
>>
>>3159828
Your shithole country is literally only known for having a bunch of weirdly mutated animals, if it vanished tomorrow barely anyone would even notice.
>>
>>3159837
Is he an Aussie roleplaying as a Turk or something?
>>
>>3159845
Yep he is.
>>
>>3159857
I wish I were surprised but it feels like I've seen everything on this shithole of a website already.
>>
>>3159456
No, they originated in modern day Saxony.
>>
>>3160077
Source? Everyone is talking shit ITT but has nothing to back it up.
>>
>>3160077
Saxony is Eastern Germany dumbass.
>>
How did industrialization occur over there?
>>
>>3160227
PLC laid foundation for it pre-partitions. I imagine Greater Poland got industralized by Prussia after the partitions.
>>
>>3160227
Bohemia was one of the most industrialized regions of Europe throughout 19th century, not sure about the rest.
>>
>>3159489
Poland survived the plague because the spread was determined mostly by late medieval trade routes and mongol expansion. Mongols cut off trade from the black sea to Poland when they brought the plague to Genoan ports in Crimea, and trade typically flowed from East to West not the other way around. This meant that Poland had several years head start to realize what the hell was going on and declare a quarantine. It had absolutely nothing to do with the "superiority" of Polish laws or government.
>>
>>3160623
>It had absolutely nothing to do with the "superiority" of Polish laws or government.
Yeah, no.

It had everything to do with Casimir the Great and his policy.
>>
>>3160623
Poland did have a well-run government that managed to enforce laws and it's border though which does make it superior. Danzig was a major trade port in the Baltic, but it's affect was minimal
>>
literally 5 sec in google
>>
>>3160645
more like they didn't poison their own wells
>>
>>3159780
Literally none of that applies to the Baltic "states".
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.