[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw to inteligent too restore the western Roman empire

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: theodoric.png (642KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
theodoric.png
642KB, 600x600px
>tfw to inteligent too restore the western Roman empire as a gothic entity
>>
Too *
>>
File: Ricimer_monogram.jpg (12KB, 241x259px) Image search: [Google]
Ricimer_monogram.jpg
12KB, 241x259px
>>3159116
>this whole "restoring" the latin half of the Roman empire is going a little TOO well for my liking, Majorian.
>>
File: IMAG0148.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0148.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
Any of you lads happen to know what kind of symbols are on this coin? My dad got it a few years ago mixed in with a bag of old Roman coins he bought online. I liked it and thought it was unusual so he let me have it. Lately I have gotten curious on the origin of the symbols. They don't seem to be Roman, and looked more Arabic or Hebrew. Also what purpose the writing has for a coin that small. Most ancient coins seem to either have images of leaders and the like on them, but this just has "scribbles" on both sides. Any one out there who can shed some light on this?
>>
File: IMAG0149.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0149.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
>>3162029
Here is the flip side
>>
>>3160746
What was Ricimer actual fucking problem?
>>
>>3162034
kinda looks mongolian
>>
>>3162118
He wanted power and Majorian was way too great to be left alive
>>
Belisarius not accepting the imperial office in the West was a mistake.
>>
>>3162118
His stooge was actually restoring the Roman Empire, the madman. He'd retaken most of Spain with Visigothic assistance, and parts of Gaul were back in the saddle. He was about to retake North Africa, the wealthiest part of the empire, but traitors helped the Vandals fire ship his fleet. Ricimer used the loss of prestige as an excuse to execute him.
>>
>>3163951
Majorian wasn't really Ricimer's "stooge". But either way /ourboy/ got fucked over by the Visigoths being amply warned ahead of time and him being unaware of that thanks to a spry or traitor in his army.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.