[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to make the thread that this board was created

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I'm going to make the thread that this board was created for: US Army vs Roman Army.
1st US Infantry Division(approximately 11000 men) get dropped into Denmark at the time of Trajan. The Division's target is to topple the Roman Government and install a US puppet. Trajan somehow knows of this but just the moment it was spawned, he didn't prepare beforehand. Also assume Rome is at peace with all its neighbours.
Could they do it?
>>
How much time do they have before they start turning into anacondas?
>>
it probably depends on supply for the US Army , if they got unlimited bullets, they can probably do it easily, i mean 11000 with machine guns can beat any roman legions ever
>>
Yes, trivially easily. They vould do it with a dozen guys and a helicopter.
>>
File: 1464332113312.jpg (94KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
1464332113312.jpg
94KB, 1200x787px
>>3158834
>infantry division
>2 armored brigades
>no infantry brigades
>>
>11000 men with automatic weapons
The Romans would get obliterated

If you'd said during the reign of the reign of Valentinian or something when the army was much larger and more effective then maaaaaybe they could fight to a stalemate but that's a big maybe
>>
>>3158854
No helicopter in an infantry division
>>3158846
Going to say "normal" amount of supplies for a large scale operation. Enough MREs for 3-4 months but not enough bullets for every roman in their way. Also the Americans have no allies, and will have a ton of difficulty to go from Denmark to Rome
>>
>>3158861
As in not in this one, my bad
>>
>>3158861
>No helicopter in an infantry division

Yes there are. That's what the "combat aviation brigade" is. Just fly to Rome, take Trajan and the entire Senate hostage, tell them to bend the knee or we'll kill every patrician and level the city. If Trajan "knows about it," a demonstration shouldn't even be necessary.
>>
>>3158834
literally they would just need to use modern artillery to destroy cities and infrastructure all across the empire. a pitch battle would do nothing to weaken rome, that's what hannibal found out, so they could just go for rome and the other major cities. also they could easily destroy any roman army, but it really wouldn't be worthwhile
>>
>>3158834
>Keeping 11000 men supplied deep in pre-civilisation europe
Good luck getting BTFO by the forest. Also kiss your vehicles goodbye, fuel wont become aviable for more than a millenium
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.