[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was the Belgian revolution inevitable in the end?Were there any

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Dutch Cores.png (36KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
Dutch Cores.png
36KB, 500x418px
Was the Belgian revolution inevitable in the end?Were there any Dutch politicians that were willing to work with the Catholic south to ensure the the United States of Netherlands live?
>>
>>3158626
United Provinces of Netherlands*
>>
>>3158626
>Catholic South
French south*

Catholic just played an important part for the Flemish.The whole thing started because the Dutch wanted to Dutchify the French there.
>>
>>3158747
why didn't the Dutch just form a dual monarchy ruled by a King who is half Dutch and Half French? Wouldn't it be more efficient?
>>
File: image.jpg (85KB, 800x645px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85KB, 800x645px
>>3159897
1.) the first king was direct descendant of Willem van Orange, the most important nobleman of the Netherlands after emperor Charles V of Habsburg. The family of Nassau even had a huge palace (pic related) next to the royal palace in Brussels during the medieval times, which was demolished by the Belgians in 1956 to make place for their royal library. Only the chapel is left, because of protests by the Dutch queen. The chapel is incorporated in the postmodern library nowadays. The royal family on the other hand is on the throne, because someone had to be king of Belgium and the UK supported him (he had close ties with the British royal family). Leopold wasn't related to any (southern-) Netherlandish noble family.

2) the Southern Netherlandsnwere considered Southern Dutch around that time, not French

3) the Belgian revolution was started by French students & people who wanted to be annexed by France and was actively supported by France
>>
>>3160205
So it is safe to say that the Eternal Frogs was the cause of the Belgian revolution?
Why didn't the French speakers just leave and return to France?
>>
>>3160402
It's not fair to say that it was only France faulth, because it were the French and some of the Francophone southern nobility.

During the Belgian revolution the French flag was used instead the Belgian colours and the revolution was started after a French opera in Brussels about the love for the French fatherland.

But the southern Dutch would never leave their own country, because French speakers are native to Wallonia (Hainaut,, Namur, part of Liège, southern Brabant and Luxembourg). However, the French are not and I don't really think the revolution would have happened without the French.
>>
>>3158630
*United Kingdom of the Netherlands
>>
Huh. I thought Belgium was created as a buffer state in the Napoleonic wars actually
>>
>>3160996
then you thought completely wrong
The United Kingdom of the Netherlands was created AFTER the Napoleonic wars as a buffer state against France
Then it split up into the Netherlands and Belgium 15 years later, because the French didn't like another strong state as a neighbour and happily supported the "Belgian" revolutionaries with an army

I really hope you weren't one of those who fell for the "the UK created Belgium lmao"-meme
>>
>>3160662
Are there any books about Dutch History and it's colonies that you can recommend to me?
>>
>>3162510
Nederlandse historiën by P.C. Hooft. I think you can get one in the English Language as well.
>>
File: Eisen Daag Weat Komme.png (121KB, 883x768px) Image search: [Google]
Eisen Daag Weat Komme.png
121KB, 883x768px
>>3158626
When will Belgium cease its occupation of Western Luxembourg?
>>
>>3163903
get fucked m8
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.