[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into Buddhism, specifically meditation? Besides the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: buddhism.jpg (25KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
buddhism.jpg
25KB, 1000x600px
How do I into Buddhism, specifically meditation? Besides the concept of reincarnation, I'm drawn to the idea of Buddhism and the teachings. I mainly want to be able to meditate daily and such, how do I begin?
>>
>>3158302
What The Buddha Taught
Mindfulness In Plain English

Most importantly, find a reputable Buddhist centre near you and get a good teacher.
>>
>>3158302
bUDDHISM is tha shite tier religun anyway . it's created by the bBUDDHA or sum turbo autist he doesnlt Kno w SHIT BUT HE IS THE NIHILISTIC GUY WHO TEELS YOU not to Enjoy life because it sucks thats because he dodidn t know ho to do tjb enkje o oaubsjkhh7w4839
>>
Keep in mind that buddhism is divided into sects that are MUCH more different than the denominations of christianity.

If you are looking to base your practice on mediation, (there are many, many forms of mediation.) I would advise looking for the most reputable Sōtō Zen temple nearest to you.
>>
>>3158389
>Keep in mind that buddhism is divided into sects that are MUCH more different than the denominations of christianity.

This simply isn't true
>>
Download these mp3s, start with track 1 and try follow along twice a day. Each week go up to the next one and repeat.

http://rodalebooks.s3.amazonaws.com/mindfulness/index.html
>>
>>3158391
Pure Land Buddhism and Tibbetan Buddhism are pretty fucking different dude
>>
>>3158490
You couldn't be more wrong.

Stop spouting nonsense if you don't know the basic differences and similarities.
>>
Dzogchen is where it's at.
>>
>>3158391

I may exaggerated but his sect will determine to an extent how he learns about Buddhism. His experience under the NKT would be quite different to Rinzai Zen for example.
>>
>>3158302
Why don't you come to bodhgaya in India and find it for yourself
>>
File: image3.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image3.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
The whole "meditation as an event" is kinda silly to people in the western train. If you want a more zen (a much very palatable approach) path, consult the intellectual practice in your full day life. From there the meditation is a kind of taking a break to overview what you found out.

Don't go to temples unless you want to be religious
>>
>>3158302
Meditation is mainly to practice concentrating on one thing long enough to find truth. Sorry but I think something like Western mindfulness would be more what you're looking for.
>>
>>3160538
>>3160589
Any good videos/articles/books on this? Something like a 101 intro? I'm just not sure where to start on all of this.
>>
>>3160725
"Spiritual Revolution" on Netflix is good though it drags a bit.
>>
>>3158302

Meditation is EXTREMELY easy to learn, it takes about a minute or so to pick it up. You can find tonnes of introductory videos on JewTube, I suggest you pick ones by Buddhists and not ones by Hipsters, but really the essence of meditation is simple to pick up.
>>
>>3158302
The buddha was a (black) coloured man of KEMETian origin
>>
Sorry to intrude but isn't Buddhism a way to escape from the belief in karma and reincarnation?
>>
>>3158302
If you just want the reincarnation, become a platonist and study the works of Plato and Aristotle. There, done.

Buddhism is to the East as Abrahamism is to the West. The mark of decline.
>>
>>3161235

Yes, all beliefs are fetters and are not ultimately real in the final stage of analysis (madhyamika prasangika)
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.