[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Informal fallacies are literally just "arguments I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (217KB, 888x483px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
217KB, 888x483px
Informal fallacies are literally just "arguments I don't like".
>>
>>3155922
>I don't understand why fallacies are fallacious!

That's because you're posting on 4chan, which makes you a neo nazi :^)
>>
>>3155922
yes, i don't like arguments that misrepresent my argument like a strawman does
>>
>>3155922
So...you have any argument to support it or you are just gonna give us a opinion chart?
>>
>Proposing a compromise between two points of view is a fallacy
what
>>
>>3155938
A formal fallacy is actually fallacious, informal "fallacies" are just arguments that are dumb
>>
>>3155922
Begone sophist!
>>
>>3155965
That's not the point at all. The point is that a compromise is not always a good thing. If person A is right and person B is wrong why would you compromise? You still get a solution less correct than solution A. When people start losing arguments they often go for compromises to end the argument and prevent further damage being done to their position.
>>
Not history fuck off
>>
>>3155922
Why is burden of proof a fallacy? If I claim that I am literally the greatest boxer of all time why does someone have to disapprove me instead of me having to prove myself?
>>
>>3156057
How you will prove it without at least judges and and a committee to accept it as truth?

Burden of proof is basically saying the truth lives in in claims and not in proofs

example : Does not matter if people say I'm colorblind, for me this is the REAL blue
>>
>>3156057
Maybe you should read the explanation
>>
>>3156030
>& humanities
>>
>>3155965
That's not what middle ground fallacy is, it's when people a priori assume the truth is in the middle of two positions, but that's not neccesarily warranted. For example in a debate between a creationist and a evolutionary biologist, the biologist is 100% right, and the truth has nothing to do with a compromise between the two views.
>>
>>3155922
The only "fallacy" I think is not truly a fallacy is the slippery slope fallacy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.