[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /his/, lets have a research thread! What are our fellow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Innovation-Research.jpg (14KB, 436x403px) Image search: [Google]
Innovation-Research.jpg
14KB, 436x403px
Hey /his/, lets have a research thread!

What are our fellow /his/torians reading/ researching/ maybe even writing?

What do you like about the subject and where do you plan to go from here?
>>
>>3153043
OP, here.

I'm researching for my undergraduate honor's thesis. My topic is how Japanese racial theory was reflected in Manchuria during its 13 years as an "independent" country.

Anyways, I've actually kind of realized I am lacking in the primary source department and was wondering if /his/ had any tips for Japanese newspaper archives that don't have a paywall or other good primary sources to look at in regards to the Japanese in Manchuria. I can read Japanese well so English or Japanese texts are alright.
>>
Do your own research
>>
>>3153056
Teng, Ssu-yü, and John King Fairbank. China’s Response to the West: A Documentary Survey 1839–1923. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 1982.
>Rests upon Fairbank’s most influential but much criticized paradigm, i.e., Western challenge and Chinese response. The authors sought to unscramble foreign influences—Soviet, Japanese, American, and others—as one factor that precipitated the remaking of Chinese life and values. First published in 1954.
Gaimushō 外務省. Nihon gaikō bunsho (日本外交文書). Tokyo: Nihon Kokusai Rengō Kyōkai, Shōwa 24, 1949–.
>A standard archival source of information on Japan–China relations in modern times.
Japan Center for Asian Historical Records.
>The database on modern and contemporary Japan’s relations with other Asian countries. Provides online access to the JACAR records held at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the National Institute for Defense Studies, and the National Archives of Japan.
Mitter, Rana. The Manchurian Myth: Nationalism, Resistance and Collaboration in Modern China. Berkeley: University of California Press, 2000.
>Argues that the “resistancial myth” was an essential element of modern Chinese nationalism in response to the Manchurian Incident and the establishment of Manchukuo.
Barrett, David P., and Lawrence N. Shyu, eds. Chinese Collaboration with Japan, 1932–1945: The Limits of Accommodation. Stanford, CA: Stanford University Press, 2001.
>A collection of eleven articles organized into four groups: negotiations with Japan, client regimes, elite collaboration, and the hinterland. Looks into the complex practicalities of life during the Japanese occupation.
Brook, Timothy. Collaboration: Japanese Agents and Local Elites in Wartime China. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2005.
>A superb study of Chinese collaboration and Japanese tactics to recruit Chinese supporters at the local level in the lower Yangzi region.
>>
I have no idea what counts as "researching" or not, but I've been trying to find out if Chinese Warlords had navies forever and I literally never get any answers affirmative or negative
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.