[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> 1985 > 2-6% of Americans saw drugs as the "number

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: ronald-regan.jpg (51KB, 498x520px) Image search: [Google]
ronald-regan.jpg
51KB, 498x520px
> 1985
> 2-6% of Americans saw drugs as the "number one problem in America"
> 1989
> That number is now 64%
> 1981-1986
> Reagan introduces mandatory minimums and asset forfeiture to combat what he thought was a huge threat to the nation
> 1986
> Crack epidemic begins

What the fuck /his/? Is it really so hard to believe that Reagan had laid the groundwork of drug policies because he knew that crack cocaine was going to be introduced? Or is it just a (((((coincidence)))))
>>
>>3152243
Big influx of cocaine into the country following Castro emptying his prisons and Carter taking them all in. Watch Scarface.
>>
>>3152294

damn liberals at it again amirite?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CIA_involvement_in_Contra_cocaine_trafficking
>>
>>3152299
wtf I hate ronald reagan now
>>
Draconian measures against crack possession were mostly put forth by black community leaders themselves.
>>
>>3152344
Belgian Congo all over again.
>>
>>3152338

Reagan was a senile puppet for Bush
>>
>>3152344
But Reagan was the one who began the conversation. If he hadn't created that kind of militant 'war on drugs' environment, black community leaders wouldn't even think there would be a problem to be controlled.
>>
if you live in the midwest or new england it's pretty obvious that drugs are the number 1 problem in America

I don't know anyone who has died from murder, combat or failing to pay for medicine

I do know multiple people that have died from drug overdoses, and even more that have had their lives fucked up by it

I don't think users should be jailed per se though
>>
>>3152357
>people only wanted crackheads and crack dealers out of their neighborhoods cuz Reagan
yeah...nah
>>
>>3152357

Do you realize how patronizing this sounds?
>>
>>3152294
This. It created an entire infrastructure for Pablo Escobar to smuggle drugs into Florida without problems.
>>
How can he just stand there and lie like that? He makes himself out to be a harmless old codger, but inside... inside...
>>
>>3152361
Drug deaths are self-inflicted, though, so it makes sense that people would see them as less of a problem than, for example, homicides - deaths that result from people deciding to end someone else's life.
>>
>>3152366
He has a point though; Reagan was fostering an environment of "they are the bad guys! punish them for doing evil things!"

That doesn't make sense to us now that we know that it's more productive to treat it like a sickness.
>>
>>3152357
Yeah, 'cause blacks just take kindly to crack dealers slinging base to their children. Are you unwell in the head?
>>
>>3152364
>>3152468
What I mean to say is with no influence from Reagan, community leaders would probably be more focused on rehabilitation than incarceration. Reagan REEd his way into making the war on drugs handled much more aggressively than it needs to be.
>>
>>3152361
Why are people so miserable there?
>>
>>3152664
new england is sad
>>
>>3152664
Rust belt nigga
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.