[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we will never see a real battle using swords and shi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

>tfw we will never see a real battle using swords and shields on video
doesn't anyone else sort of want to see that? a genuine battle, or a real sword fight where it's actually for their lives/country? the intensity must be really ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhF1i23vwps
even stuff like this must be nothing like it.
>>
>>3150218
hey guys I have an idea to empty out guantanamo
>>
>>3150218
On full armor like pic related it would be either two autist trying to stab through the gaps on the armor which is pretty boring OR would be a bunch of autist with blunt weapons like pikes and maces brutally hitting each other in a manslaughter.
Oh I just opened the video and yeah exactly like in your vid but of course people would get skull fractures and pretty bad wounds.
>>
>>3150218
Here you go OP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkrSnSCgfmM
>>
>>3150218
why's he wearing a jousting helmet?
>>
>>3150379

It's an armet. It's for both war and tournament.
>>
>>3150384
Either way its not a proper helmet for armed combat on foot.
>>
>>3150218
>tfw it'll never be ethical to put deathrow inmates in a gladiator style arena competition for instant release for the victor
>>
File: 1476072403716.png (226KB, 394x397px) Image search: [Google]
1476072403716.png
226KB, 394x397px
Thank god we moved to guns ,swords are fucking scary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9htCnYSGw
>>
>>3150422

Why?
>>
>>3150441
I don't know about the actual practicality of it, I just mean its not "proper" in that its a helmet specifically designed for a man on horseback, and it looks to me to be a jousting specific one aswell. Knights of the late middle ages would have ideally had a different helmet for different situations (usually just 2 or 3). Then again, that idea might be as universal as the idea that knights always had some degree of martial prowess due to rigorous training since childhood (they didn't)
>>
>>3150311
They are most definitely not trying to kill each other. as intense as this is
>>
>>3150471

Outside of specific jousting helmets like frogmouths, there's no such thing as a "helmet specifically designed for a man on horseback". What does he do if he gets unhorsed or has to dismount? Run away or have his squires rush through the middle of the battle to deliver a new one? Fighting in an armet would be no different to fighting in a sallet. The English have tons of armets/close helms and they fought almost exclusively on foot.
>>
File: foot-combat-2-m.jpg (18KB, 272x402px) Image search: [Google]
foot-combat-2-m.jpg
18KB, 272x402px
Here's Toby Capwell fighting on foot, in an armet. But what does he know?
>>
File: bsb00007894_00528.jpg (1MB, 1500x2123px) Image search: [Google]
bsb00007894_00528.jpg
1MB, 1500x2123px
>>3150471
Armets and close helmets were commonly found on field armour. In general people did not wear armour that was only good for one thing on the field since it would frequently happen that a knight would be dismounted and had to fight on foot.
>>
>>3150432
How soulless war has become now that you don't have to stare into the eyes of the men you kill.
>>
>>3150218
If people would voluntary fight in gladiator battles, I would watch.
>>
riot police in China use spears you know
>>
>>3151645
most people would watch that.
>>
File: 1479967143433.gif (1MB, 446x469px) Image search: [Google]
1479967143433.gif
1MB, 446x469px
>>3150311
>Wearing nasal helms
>No body armor
>At least wear a fucking gambeson
>Using sharp blades
>Cleaving into your opponent
>Wearing spiderman costumes
Wtf did I just watch?
>>
>>3152073
well, let's get the ball rolling then
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.