[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it would of been possible to invade the UK between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: slide-reino-unido2.jpg (48KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
slide-reino-unido2.jpg
48KB, 600x460px
Do you think it would of been possible to invade the UK between 1600 and 1900?

Were their enemies just never creative/dedicated enough? Or were they playing bullshit-mode all trough the age of European empires?
>>
Napoleon could have done it
>>
>>3148338
I don't know the details of his plans, but every time they come up the thing attached to them usually is something along the lines of "thank fuck he never did because it would of been a disaster'.
>>
From 1600 until the 1790s they could've used Ireland as a staging point, which Spain and France tried to do at various points
>>
>>3148347
Would be interesting to read about what went wrong those times. I take it that happened during the 30 years war.
>>
>>3148330
Happened twice actually. The French invaded then just buggered off and in the Glorious Revolution the Dutch invaded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_England_(1326)

There are actually heaps man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_of_England
>>
The dutch sailed up the thames and blown up some english ship didnt it
And oh i think they stole their flagship
>>
>>3148357
Notice how most of those are before the reforms of Edward VI, and even before that, most are by other groups of British or Irish.
>>
>>3148371
Still a shitload. Also the ruling class was already French
>>
>>3148352
The Spanish tried to help Hugh O'Neill establish an independent Gaelic Kingdom of Ireland in the late 16th century during the Nine Years War. They almost won but were eventually defeated.

The French tried to help the United Irishmen in 1798 but they didn't come anywhere close to winning, it was quite badly organised.
>>
>>3148366
Yep, last time anyone ever managed to do that, and a bit of a fluke.
>>
>>3148382
Was actually Churchill man. Earl of Marlborough and famous prostitute. Also happened to be a military genius and carried the day
>>
>>3148330
The Spanish Armada would've literally invaded it for good if only they didn't put in charge a sea-sick faggot with zero experience.
>>
>>3148330
If you can defeat the Royal navy, its bumfuck easy to conquer the isles.
This is why the Dutch republic is probably the closest any country came in that time period to fully subjugating Britain.
>>
>>3148403
The fiasco of the spaniards was in big part due to just shit luck.
>>
>>3148422
Actually the English tactics did do a lot to contribute to their victory
>sending burning ships into the fleet at port
>Battle of Gravelines
>>
>>3148400
>implying g-d would allow that
>>
>>3148346
Any great landpower would have destroyed Britain on its native soil. The British Army had nothing on Napoleon's ability to throw waves of meat at people
>>
>>3148338
No he couldn't, he spent a life obsessing over this. If he could have, he would have.
All of Europe feared the Anglo warrior.
Napoleon pretends the British armed forces were a joke, yet surrenders to them twice; I don't know what that makes him.
French, I guess.

>>3148357
>between 1600 and 1900
>One is 1326, the other is the culmination of a domestic conspiracy with popular support - thus the name "Glorious revolution" as opposed to Dutch Conquest of 1688.
What did he mean by this?
As for that list, with regards to 1600 onwards, all of those are either simply plans (Euroboo fantasies) or decisive British victories.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.