[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What factors made Southern Italy hotbed of organized crime?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

What factors made Southern Italy hotbed of organized crime?

Why not Portugal or Greece or the Balkans?
>>
>>3146529
I have NO idea if this is actually true or not, as I've done no real research whatsoever, just traveled a bit and using my anecdotal experiences. With that caveat, I think it's the tightly bound family system. Southern Italy still has a lot of the cultural values of that old Roman Patron/Client familia structure, where you have one central patriarchal figure who trades out influence for support. It means that you can have organized groups that are less likely to sell each other out when the heat is on from the police, as well as an instant organizational structure that can serve the crime family in good stead.
>>
>>3146529
Sicily was still fairly feudal and underdeveloped when Italy annexed it in the 1860's. The result was a transition of power from the wealthy landowners to the govt and private citizens, but at the same time the govt wasn't yet established enough to enforce the laws and transitions, so private groups established themselves to do it instead.
>>
>>3146529
>not the Balkans
How little you know
>>
>implying portugal and especially the balkans aren't hotspots for organized crime.
Not so sure about Greece, but they might have some too
>>
>>3146529
Italians lived there.
>>
>>3146529

all spic/nonwhite societies naturally trend towards mafia style governance, the idea of a "nation state" is a white thing that began in northern europe
>>
>>3146595
France isn't in Northern Europe
>>
>>3146529
Weak government. Once they became stronger and started cracking down on crime, the criminals moved to the US and started the "italian mafia" scene.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.