[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: john-ronald-reuel-tolkien-10[2].jpg (291KB, 1572x1060px) Image search: [Google]
john-ronald-reuel-tolkien-10[2].jpg
291KB, 1572x1060px
My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning
abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs) – or to 'unconstitutional' Monarchy. I would
arrest anybody who uses the word State (in any sense other than the inanimate realm of England
and its inhabitants, a thing that has neither power, rights nor mind); and after a chance of
recantation, execute them if they remained obstinate! If we could get back to personal names, it
would do a lot of good. Government is an abstract noun meaning the an and process of governing
and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people. If people were in
the habit of referring to 'King George's council, Winston and his gang', it would go a long way to
clearing thought, and reducing the frightful landslide into Theyocracy. Anyway the proper study of
Man is anything but Man; and the most improper job of any man, even saints (who at any rate were
at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of
all those who seek the opportunity. And at least it is done only to a small group of men who know
who their master is. The mediævals were only too right in taking nolo efiscopari as the best reason
a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is
stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to
call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers. And so on down the line. But, of course, the fatal
weakness of all that – after all only the fatal weakness of all good natural things in a bad corrupt
unnatural world – is that it works and has worked only when all the world is messing along in the
same good old inefficient human way.
>>
>>3140657
The quarrelsome, conceited Greeks managed to pull it off
against Xerxes; but the abominable chemists and engineers have put such a power into Xerxes'
hands, and all ant-communities, that decent folk don't seem to have a chance. We are all trying to
do the Alexander-touch – and, as history teaches, that orientalized Alexander and all his generals.
The poor boob fancied (or liked people to fancy) he was the son of Dionysus, and died of drink. The
Greece that was worth saving from Persia perished anyway; and became a kind of Vichy-Hellas, or
Fighting-Hellas (which did not fight), talking about Hellenic honour and culture and thriving on the
sale of the early equivalent of dirty postcards. But the special horror of the present world is that the
whole damned thing is in one bag. There is nowhere to fly to. Even the unlucky little Samoyedes, I
suspect, have tinned food and the village loudspeaker telling Stalin's bed-time stories about
Democracy and the wicked Fascists who eat babies and steal sledge-dogs. There is only one bright
spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I
hope that, encouraged now as 'patriotism', may remain a habit! But it won't do any good, if it is not universal.
Was he right?
>>
i mean he's basically right but why do brits always sound so plebeian when they express their opinions, it almost makes me want to disagree out of spite. this is almost as bad as bertrand russell
>>
>abolish state, borders
>is overrun by third world savages
>state is reinstated, only now you´re slaves or second class citizens
Why are so called intellectuals so dumb?
>>
>>3140733
that's not what he's saying idiot, he's saying we're being run by mediocre nincompoops
>>
>>3140733
>abolish (((state))) and empire full of stone age savages and poos
>close borders
>execute all politicians
>reinstate non-feudal monarchy

he knows much more than all the brainlets on this board
>>
File: 1497607201214.jpg (37KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
1497607201214.jpg
37KB, 443x332px
Tory genocide when?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.