[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else think Islam deserves a more representative universal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: allah.png (91KB, 400x451px) Image search: [Google]
allah.png
91KB, 400x451px
Does anyone else think Islam deserves a more representative universal symbol other than the Crescent & Moon? The Crucifix for Christianity and the Star of David for Judaism make perfect sense as the culmination of symbolism within those religions, but the crescent & star of Islam are merely adopted from Byzantium's civil symbols. The symbol effectively means nothing to Islam other than happening to be an adopted ensign.

The second best symbols Islam has are calligraphic motifs which are also rather underwhelming.
>>
The Hannukiah is more of the Jewish symbol. The hexagram came to be seen as Jewy relatively late in their history.
>>
File: IMG_2637.jpg (49KB, 405x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2637.jpg
49KB, 405x363px
Yes.
>>
>>3139900
Like a guy fucking a goat?
>>
>>3139925
>>3139930
I remember when i was 15 too
>>
Islam doesn't have a symbol and It's even forbidden to tie a symbol to islam because It's a retarded thing to do to tie the will of God to a symbol.

The only reason the crescent & moon are seen as the symbol of Islam by westerners is because It was used by the Turks and westerners are idiots.
>>
>>3139900
The crucifix was just adopted from the romans tho
>>3139925
not even a pig/dog, 0/10
>>3139930
made me kek
>>
>>3141408

Are Pakistanis and Malaysians also idiots? Muslim countries that weren't even ex-Ottoman insist on sticking it on their flag.
>>
>>3141418
No, the crucifix wasn't a roman symbol, it was how criminals were punished.

For Christianity the crucifix has a theological meaning as it symbolizes Jesus' sacrifice

The moon and crescent don't have this theological meaning, it's purely arbitrary
>>
>>3141446
Pakistanis were Ottomanboos. A lot of muslim countries that weren't a part of the Ottoman empire adopted the Ottoman flag.

What does that have to do with anything though. That's like saying the tri color is the symbol of Christianity because a shitload of christian countries adopted it. That's how retarded you sound.
>>
Islam deserves to die out. Period.
>>
Fuck off, the crescent and moon is sick as hell. It's a great symbol. All representations are arbitrary, at least Islam has a cool one instead of essentially wearing an electric chair around your neck.
>>
"star of david" (Solomon's seal) only really became related to mainstream Judaism at the beginning of Zionism in late 19th century

before it was more of a gnostic/kabbalah thing
>>
>>3141408
>It's retarded to tie godness to a symbol
But that's wrong you lil ignorant
Considering the logos to be universally transcending man, ni words can do it justice. However symbols allow for more possible meanings and subtility.

This is why litterally every religion in the world makes prolific use of symbols on its esoteric side.

This is also why islam, being devoid of any deeply true meaning, has been running away from symbols or even representations.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.