[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>God-fearing If God is a love and caring god, why do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: God.jpg (132KB, 700x544px) Image search: [Google]
God.jpg
132KB, 700x544px
>God-fearing
If God is a love and caring god, why do we need to fear him?
>>
old testament version was a sky war god

the new hippie jesus kid is the loving one
>>
The original Hebrew term is "yirah" which means reverence and awe. The Hebrew word for fear is "pachad". Only da goyim have "pachad" of G-d.
>>
>>3137020
>love and caring
Man I should really stop posting when I'm tired
>>
God of darkness.
>>
Because "fear" is used in a sense that doesn't quite denote terror, as we use the term today. There is, in light of the Fall and sin, an element of terror of the wrath of God which man justly deserves for sin, but that's not the entirety of the notion of "fear" used in the Bible. Fear is the natural reaction of a creature before the majesty of the Creator, similar to how the citizen is to fear the magistrate. Fear is also the natural result of a finite creature before the holiness of God. Fear is also the inducement to praise and obedience of the divine Ruler of all things. Fear is, indeed, a form of dread which overcomes or banishes the terror of God, such that the one who fears God approaches Him in worship rather than shrinking away. It is a reverence. It is also the acknowledgement that God is a consuming fire, and that in His holiness it is not possible for us to stand, such that when He interacts with us, he must veil Himself in a variety of ways, either through such signs as the burning bush, or the visions of the Prophets, or the Son made flesh, or the Word inscripturated or as made visible in the Sacraments.
>>
File: Nice Stroy.jpg (785KB, 1744x3204px) Image search: [Google]
Nice Stroy.jpg
785KB, 1744x3204px
>>3137426
>>
>>3137020
because his mysterious ways give him a free pass to fuck up everything, for any reason mentioned in the bible, with any possible time delay, in any way and on any scale with any collateral damage
>>
>>3137020
Do you not fear and respect nature as a violent cyclone could wreck your shit with ease?
I think the fallacy here though is seeing God as a literal man in the sky which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>3137426
>HURR words don't mean what they mean!

Then how do we know "love" means what we think it means, when it comes to God?
>>
"God-fearing" should be interpreted as "In awe of God".

It means accepting that you are under the watch of a superior metaphysical being, a literal infinity to your finite self.

Do you even theology 101?
>>
>>3138129
Because English language is a piece of shit, that's why, you dumb cunt.

Compared to Greek or Latin, English is a literal equivalent of communicating in grunts.
>>
>treating a literal jew goat fucker religion like it's true, even hypothetically
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.