[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that you'd be an actual retard if you said

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2104.jpg (32KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2104.jpg
32KB, 480x336px
Daily reminder that you'd be an actual retard if you said you wouldn't go back in time to the 1700s if you could guarantee that you were some kind of aristocrat or nobleman.
Life would be objectively better.
>>
>>3136951
everyone smells and there's no anime
>>
>>3136951
Most people who dream about living in middle ages or any pre-modern society dream about being nobility or knights in shiny armor

Very few people admire the joys of being a pisspoor serf
>>
>>3136982
>be average "piss poor serf" in middy ages
>have a little property of my own and some degree of self sufficiency
>be average person today
>have less than nothing because of crippling debt
>>
>>3136994
If you have less than nothing today it's probably because you're a retard
>>
>>3136951
The average guy in a modern country has better living standards than aristocrats 200 years ago.

We have technology that couldn't be replaced with servants (fast travel, communication devices). Healthcare is also a huge issue: even something as light as a flu can be deadly and you would still have epidemics like pox, cholera etc.
>>
>>3136951
Even if you're a a complete loser, modern medicine and internet providing you endless entertainment and information are hard to give up.
>>
>>3136994
>If I went back in time I wouldn't be given the option to put myself in debt
How about taking some responsebility
>>
>>3136994
>>have less than nothing because of crippling debt
Hmmm
>Have apartment with climate control, lighting at the flick of a switch
>endless supply of cheap food, its so hard to starve that even the poor are morbidly obese
>have at least 2 super powerful computers, one tiny, one normal, which can access more information than every before and contact anyone or anything from anywhere on earth
>have more forms of entertainment than ever possible
>able to travel for very cheap to anywhere in the world
>even after your "crippling debt" you still have plenty of money to buy alcohol, video games and a device to shitpost online while by historical standards living in a literal palace of comfort, luxury and excess.
You fucking moron.
>>
>>3136951
It depends on what you enjoy
>>
>>3136994
The problem is, the value one can produce just by his two hands has decreased greatly since then. Before the industrial revolution you could make a living just by farming your own land and selling your surplus. Now that agriculture has been automated food prices dropped significantly, so small-scale farming can't keep up anymore.

As for dept: that's probably because you have higher expectation of living standards. Serfs would have been in dept as well if they spent their money on cars, electricity, internet bills etc. It's not that hard not being in dept when the only thing available on the market is more food, tools and maybe some clothes.
>>
>>3136994
Nigga, serfs/peasants literally had to give away 90% of their produce just to earn the right to be alive and rent their shitty hovel which they can never leave
>>
Being a nobleman in the 1700s doesn't mean you're rich.
>>
>>3137009
>>3137031
>>3137039
>>3137058
>>3137073
>be muslim peasant
>interest slavery is forbidden
>if i can't make ends meet i get zakat tax from the caliph
>be average modern muslim today
>have to live under oppressive western constitutional style governments
>totally haram "islamic banks"
>inflation destroys the "value" of any inherently valueless paper money i might earn
>>
>>3136951

No it wouldn't. Plebs today live in greater comfort than kings of then. Also everyone's plotting on your life back then, as always, only you don't even have the same level of comfort or infrastructure to guard your ass.

Absolutely not worth it. Whoop dee doo you're king shit of 17thc. mountain. Now pick some nits out of your consort's wig because it's the done thing.
>>
>>3137088
stop being muslim then
>>
>>3137093
>stop being muslim
>still have to live under constitutional governments
>still have to kowtow to the banks
>inflation still ruins the value of what i earn
wow genius solution
>>
>Life would be objectively better.
I wouldn't have survived infancy.
>go back in time to the 1700s if you could guarantee that you were some kind of aristocrat or nobleman
Man, if only you could guarantee you'd get the best roll of the dice for whatever time period you're born into.
>>
Would i recive a smallpox vaccine before i go?
>>
>>3136951
>become an 18th century aristocrat
>absolutely covered in pussy 24/7
>basically just go and straight up murder a peasant if I'm having a bad day
>appendix becomes inflamed
>die because 18th century medicine sucks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.