[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>graduate high school >know literally nothing Who else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1488437397677.jpg (79KB, 640x611px) Image search: [Google]
1488437397677.jpg
79KB, 640x611px
>graduate high school
>know literally nothing

Who else didn't start learning until after graduating high school?

How would you fix US public schools if you were given the authority to make any changes you want?
>>
>>3135207

Let kids just browse Wikipedia random articles for an hour instead of teacher talking.
>>
I plan on being a history teacher after i get back from Mexico, ill be teaching english down there and hopefully drowning in Latina pussy.

But i hope to teach history when i get back. i want to teach my class with high energy and focus on wars, rebellions, revolutions and such. High energy and interesting topics will be the name of the game I'm thinking. I gotta keep them interested!
>>
My unironic amswer would be abolishing the k-12 grade system and separating individual classes by achievement level rather than the concept of a full grade level. Additionally the curriculum should begin with formal logic in kindergarten and first grade before any real math is taught. Children should be introduced to Algebra by the time they're 10 and should be sufficiently proficient in the basics of math that they can stop taking classes without being a dullard by age 12. When they're approaching adulthood, schooling should become less general and more specialized, narrowing as they get older and older. The purpose should be to prepare the student to enter the workforce as soon as they leave high school rather than handing them off to a university for 4 more years of unproductive time. There shouldn't be a degree for everything under the sun. Universities should only be for people seeking HIGHER EDUCATION as in, above he amount needed to be a functional adult. Standardized testing should be done away with and replaced with a task-competency evaluation. Rather than scantron and a booklet, students should be asked to apply their knowledge to relevant real world problems. Impractical knowledge is not really something to be tested on and should take a backseat to the more immediately useful subjects. (cont)
>>
>>3135280
School should NOT be compulsory, and any students that cause trouble should just be removed from the schooling system. Not shuffled to a different school or assigned to a class of problem children, but REMOVED FROM THE SCHOOL ENTIRELY, after due process and warnings of course. Students should be neither advanced due to pity or held back indefinitely. A student who fails to absorb material for many consecutive years should be required to pay their own way after a long enough period of failure so as not to waste tax revenue. Teacher's unions shouldn't be given any legal leverage and teachers should be easily removable at the discretion of the proper authorities, however this is a much more difficult problem that I don't have a good answer to.
>>
File: nazi warcrime.jpg (50KB, 800x570px) Image search: [Google]
nazi warcrime.jpg
50KB, 800x570px
>>3135207

kids who pursue history outside of the school system realize its leftist bullshit and then they swing to hard back the other way

the system is creating dumbass communists and pissed off fascists

they should be encouraged to do their own research and to read from various historians
>>
>>3135207
I only realized how good my high school history teachers were after university.
>>
>>3135289
This.
>>
>>3135289
>>3135281
These.
>>
>>3135207
>How would you fix US public schools if you were given the authority to make any changes you want?
Make it voluntary, give kids more control over what they learn, have smaller breaks throughout the year instead of one giant summer break.

Once kids get into middle school they should be allowed to choose classes that they want, hell don't even force them to take mathematics or science since pre-college science classes are pointless and you don't NEED maths after like 6th grade unless you want to go into a field that requires mathematics.

Mechanics don't need to know trigonometry, journalists don't need to know chemistry, but letting kids who want to be journalists take more writing classes will better prepare them for their future career.
>>
>>3135748
Agree with this
It should be a more college like system with some core subjects and other being purely elective kinda like harry potter
There should be more focus on test that show kids understanding rather than just memorise the particular piece of information,and definitely dont burden then with homework
>>
>>3135207

>How would you fix US public schools if you were given the authority to make any changes you want?

Kids who consistently maintain high grades should be paid for doing so. That alone would give kids a much stronger incentive to pay attention, which would in turn allow for the adoption of a more challenging curriculum.
>>
>>3135289
This.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.