[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does matter proceed consciousness or vise versa? Give it to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Does matter proceed consciousness or vise versa?

Give it to me straight, no bullshit.
>>
>>3132288
yes
>>
>>3132291
Prove it.
>>
>>3132306
Delete parts of my brain and my thought is affected. Delete all of my brain and I stop thinking entirely.
>>
>>3132696
WRONG
>>
>>3132701
Could you extrapolate on that?
>>
>>3132288
Consciousness is material.
>>
'matter' is nothing more than a scientific unobservable, whose function is to explain and predict certain observations, within the context of the practice of science

there aren't atoms flying around in a reality external to the human cosciousness. matter is just something scientists hypothesize because the theory of atoms has explanatory and predictive value.

if consciousess arises from matter within your sensory organs/brain, then your sensory organs/brain, only known themselves through conscious experience, must also have arisen from matter. your brain is therefore basically causing it's own existence. as in, if consciousness is located within a brain, the because your own head is only known about through sensory experience (you touch and feel your head, and hypothesize a brain within), then because sensory experience is located within a brain, then your head must be a mini head within a true brain. so your body and the entire world around you are like a onboard sensory model of the world beyond the brain, so you are completely and entirely cut off from the world and other people within a solipsistic little enclave. if you still accept this then occams razor shaves off the external reality (external to your experiences) and all that need remain is ones experiences (no need to hypothesize a physical brain within a physical world giving rise to your experience.

tldr atoms exist only as a scientific unobservable - something merely hypothesized to exist, that exists only within the context of science - because it has explanatory and predictive value within the scientific context it's apllied. there are no actual atoms outside your experiences in the external world. i.e. idealism is the case
>>
>>3132696
this is simply begging the question that ones brain is material. it's not an argument just a restatement of your intuition
>>
>>3132288
Consciousness is the symptom of the soul. The body develops because of the souls presence and as sunlight maintains the entire universe, so the light of the soul maintains this material body. As soon as the spirit soul is out of the material body, the body begins to decompose, therefore it is the spiritual nature of the soul that maintains the inferior material nature. Any layman can understand that the material body minus consciousness is a dead body, and this consciousness cannot be revived by any means of material administration. Therefore, consciousness is not due to any amount of material combination, but to the spirit soul.
>>
>>3133192
I have never seen a post more full of misinformation and mumbo-jumbo

Please, please, take a theory of science class, an intro physics class, and an inorganic chemistry class
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.